The Student Room Group

Wrong grade on A-level certificate!!!

My dad picked up my AS-level and A-level certificates yesterday, and when I got round to looking at them, I realised one grade was wrong. I finished my a-levels last year, so did my as-levels in 2016.
At AS-level, I got 3A's and a B. The B was in Religious Studies (RS). My teacher believed the exam board had wrongly marked all our papers (in short he was a **** teacher and was making excuses), and an appeal went on that was declined... long story short, the entire class had to resit one of the two as-level papers.
We did this at the same time as doing our A-levels the following summer.
The result of this resit boosted my as-grade from a B to an A. And my A-level result was also an A. However, my certificate simply shows
AS Religious Studies - B.
The resit is not mentioned at all, when I thought it would be the B-grade not even mentioned.
I have to submit proof of my grades to the universities as I'm only applying now (having a gap year), this will obviously look like I've lied on my UCAS form. I don't know how long it will take to get this amended as obviously I don't have a lot of time to waste.

What a pain. I've contacted college but don't know what to do!
Original post by javvyjingle
My dad picked up my AS-level and A-level certificates yesterday, and when I got round to looking at them, I realised one grade was wrong. I finished my a-levels last year, so did my as-levels in 2016.
At AS-level, I got 3A's and a B. The B was in Religious Studies (RS). My teacher believed the exam board had wrongly marked all our papers (in short he was a **** teacher and was making excuses), and an appeal went on that was declined... long story short, the entire class had to resit one of the two as-level papers.
We did this at the same time as doing our A-levels the following summer.
The result of this resit boosted my as-grade from a B to an A. And my A-level result was also an A. However, my certificate simply shows
AS Religious Studies - B.
The resit is not mentioned at all, when I thought it would be the B-grade not even mentioned.
I have to submit proof of my grades to the universities as I'm only applying now (having a gap year), this will obviously look like I've lied on my UCAS form. I don't know how long it will take to get this amended as obviously I don't have a lot of time to waste.

What a pain. I've contacted college but don't know what to do!

Contact your exam officer.
Contact admissions in the unis you applied for and explain the situation.They can contact your school to confirm r take their instruction as to how they wish you to handle it.
It is only an AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending