The Student Room Group

MMA lessons

I'm starting MMA soon and found a gym that costs £50 a month for unlimited lessons. Just wondering, how much do you pay for MMA lessons?
Original post by minfam
I'm starting MMA soon and found a gym that costs £50 a month for unlimited lessons. Just wondering, how much do you pay for MMA lessons?

Hey! I don't do MMA but I pay £60 p/m for my kickboxing class, for 9 lessons a week.
Reply 2
Original post by BJBrown50
Hey! I don't do MMA but I pay £60 p/m for my kickboxing class, for 9 lessons a week.

Does the £60 pay for gym usage also?

Also how do you get 9 lessons a week? Do you have 2 lessons for somedays?
(edited 6 years ago)
I just pay £7 a lesson for mine, only go about once a month though. I also do Muay Thai and Krav Maga atm as well so I balance my martial arts activities out through the month, doing each about once a week.
Reply 4
Original post by minfam

Have no experience in MMA or any kind of costs involved etc, I prefer boxing lol. But that seems mad cheap. Imagine the skills you will learn etc. Its not all about fighting, but the self discipline, its so important and transferable to everything you do in life. If you have the money go for it, if you don't try finding a little cheaper one in your area.
Original post by minfam
Does the £60 pay for gym usage also?

Also how do you get 9 lessons a week? Do you have 2 lessons for somedays?

Unfortunately no. Because my class rents the building, the gym isn't open all the time.

And so my class is split into 3 groups: beginner, intermediate, and senior (cos we use a belt system). We train we 3 days a week, so that's 9 classes. The £60 is just for membership starting in the beginner class, and once you move up into the next class, you can continue to train in all other classes, too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending