The Student Room Group

Harris westminster interviews 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fiddletrio
http://www.harriswestminstersixthform.org.uk/uploads/key_information/2_78_hwsf-admissions-2018-19-policy.pdf

all the info is on there...
I have practically no chance of being accepted because I currently go to private school....

thanks m8, have u considered htat you wouldnt need HWSF cos u r currently recieving good education?
What are you being interviewed in?

Politics... dunno who I have. How did you find out?
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Oh good luck! For some reason I have no idea who I have...

How do you find out?
Original post by Ihatelife2
How do you find out?

Dunno 😔
Politics... dunno who I have. How did you find out?

My friend who takes music in Westminster told me but theres no official way of knowing
My friend who takes music in Westminster told me but theres no official way of knowing

Oh, ok. How were your exams? Hard or easy?
Oh, ok. How were your exams? Hard or easy?

Music was extremely hard I had convinced myself that I had failed, but philosophy was ok seeing as I've read so many books so I could just use my knowledge for the ethics section. The analysis section was just rewording the text to make it seem like you understood what was being said. Basically a lot of waffle.
How were your tests?
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
thanks m8, have u considered htat you wouldnt need HWSF cos u r currently recieving good education?

I have weighed out the odds, and Its not my school or the teachers that make the school good, but the fact that they are highly selective at entrance so students are all already super bright therefore achieving highly in GCSE/A levels. In my school the departments with the subjects I wish to take for A level are not particularly strong so I thought I would look at other schools.
Music was extremely hard I had convinced myself that I had failed, but philosophy was ok seeing as I've read so many books so I could just use my knowledge for the ethics section. The analysis section was just rewording the text to make it seem like you understood what was being said. Basically a lot of waffle.
How were your tests?

I thought they were absolutely amazing! My English exam went swimmingly - the text was interesting; plenty to analyse and evaluate. The Politics exam was also quite similar to a GCSE RE exam for me, so I answered the questions the same was I would do in RE.

What subjects are you doing, if I may ask?
I thought they were absolutely amazing! My English exam went swimmingly - the text was interesting; plenty to analyse and evaluate. The Politics exam was also quite similar to a GCSE RE exam for me, so I answered the questions the same was I would do in RE.

What subjects are you doing, if I may ask?

I'm hoping to take Music, Philosophy, History of Art, and economics however if I stay in my current school I'm taking Math, physics, economics and Music
I'm hoping to take Music, Philosophy, History of Art, and economics however if I stay in my current school I'm taking Math, physics, economics and Music

I'm gonna do English Lit, History, Politics and Economics. Hopefully we'll be in the same class :smile:
I'm gonna do English Lit, History, Politics and Economics. Hopefully we'll be in the same class :smile:

Nice choices; do you want to study PPE?
Nice choices; do you want to study PPE?

Erm... I've never really thought about it. I would like to study Law at university, but I wouldn't mind doing that either as a second choice.
Erm... I've never really thought about it. I would like to study Law at university, but I wouldn't mind doing that either as a second choice.

I would say that PPE has to be your first choice as it is an extremely competitive course wherever you may go, however many people do take a law conversion if their degree is not vocational; thats what I'm going to do.
I would say that PPE has to be your first choice as it is an extremely competitive course wherever you may go, however many people do take a law conversion if their degree is not vocational; thats what I'm going to do.

PPE is Philosophy, Politics and Economics, right? Do you think that could put me in a good position for a career in Law?
PPE is Philosophy, Politics and Economics, right? Do you think that could put me in a good position for a career in Law?

Yes most definitely! This course has many transferable skills which are not only useful for law, but will equip you for many other careers. David Cameron, Boris Johnson and many other politicians read PPE in Oxford. The degree looks very good on your resume and will show employees that you can form cohesive arguments, have political viewpoints and can critically analyse a given situation! These are all qualities which top law firms look for.
Yes most definitely! This course has many transferable skills which are not only useful for law, but will equip you for many other careers. David Cameron, Boris Johnson and many other politicians read PPE in Oxford. The degree looks very good on your resume and will show employees that you can form cohesive arguments, have political viewpoints and can critically analyse a given situation! These are all qualities which top law firms look for.

I see! Thank you very much! Is there a similar course at Cambridge University?
I see! Thank you very much! Is there a similar course at Cambridge University?

Unfortunately not, however there is History and politics at Cambridge which also looks very good for law
Unfortunately not, however there is History and politics at Cambridge which also looks very good for law

Oh, OK - I think that might be better for me, seeing as the Economics aspect of PPE involves some maths strategies, which I am not very strong in.

What are you looking forward to when going to the interview?
Oh, OK - I think that might be better for me, seeing as the Economics aspect of PPE involves some maths strategies, which I am not very strong in.

What are you looking forward to when going to the interview?

Probably getting an insight into what the teacher is like and how well we can hold a conversation without feeling awkward tbh. Do you have sc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending