The Student Room Group

Boyfriend hidden facebook?

So, my boyfriend has Facebook but has never been friends with me on it which I didnt mind as he said he hasnt been on it in months and doesnt know his password.
Today, i came across one of his work mates on my timeline and viewed their profile, and ny boyfriend has liked some of his things from recent so I went on my boyfriends messenger for it to say Active Now.
When I confronted him he says he goes on it every few months which I dont believe, what are the odds in me checking?
I went a little crazy then and told him to accept me NOW which he replied 'hang on' and took around 20 minutes to accept. When he did I cant see ANYTHING on his profile. Friends list, post, everything is hidden.
I hate arguing over things such as Facebook but this is awfully suspicious? What shall I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So, my boyfriend has Facebook but has never been friends with me on it which I didnt mind as he said he hasnt been on it in months and doesnt know his password.
Today, i came across one of his work mates on my timeline and viewed their profile, and ny boyfriend has liked some of his things from recent so I went on my boyfriends messenger for it to say Active Now.
When I confronted him he says he goes on it every few months which I dont believe, what are the odds in me checking?
I went a little crazy then and told him to accept me NOW which he replied 'hang on' and took around 20 minutes to accept. When he did I cant see ANYTHING on his profile. Friends list, post, everything is hidden.
I hate arguing over things such as Facebook but this is awfully suspicious? What shall I do?

Ps, we have been together over a year.
What has he got to hide though? I’d be annoyed too so I can see where you’re coming from...

Just ask him why he’s being sneaky and hiding things from you.

Relationships don’t work like that- you need loyalty, trust and communication and without them, well you know what I mean

I would say you need to trust him and just carry on with the way things are going, but the fact he lied and said he wasn’t using it AND then hid things from you- big red flag
e has every right but not when he is trying to hide something intentionally, and in this case seems like everything from his timeline...

And what do you expect females to do, just accept men's stupid lies after they cause us to mistrust them as in OP's case by saying he's not been in months but she seeing his liking activity and then him being active on Messenger so soon after..

Would you be able to trust your gf if you see her active on Tinder again even though she had said she never goes there anymore. I know its not the same, but the gravity of FB for us might be as Tinder is to you guys.
Original post by Anonymous

I would say be wary, but dont make it a big issue just now.

If there is other further suspicious things and if it feels not right, then it probably isn't :/

Then you should have a discussion with him at that point and bring this up and straight ask him whats going on...just like you said here you dont want to create an issue over FB but youre finding it hard to believe him fully, and then he may acc give valid reasons as well.
You are one crazy ass woman.
Tbh I see where you are coming from, I would be so annoyed if that was me. There difference between privacy and hiding. He has obviously hid everything from you, I would say talk to him and keep an eye on it. I have had a slightly similar problem before with my boyfriend, we have been together nearly two years now. If you would like to message me we can talk about it some more I dont mind :smile: xx
A) you're too obsessive, forcing him to accept you on FB. Thats not healthy.

B) him keeping everything private from you is mighty suspicious.

Quick Reply

Latest