The Student Room Group

Geography or Latin?

I need to choose one of them for my GCSE's, and I have no future career options in mind. I'm fairly good at both of them, and enjoy both of them as well - It's a pretty hard dilemma.

Which one?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I'd say do geography. I've personally haven't done it but I've heard it's a really good subject and very easy. Also it's more valuable than a dead language for A levels.
Reply 2
I do both - big mistake. Only do Latin if you plan to continue it through to A-level, and what some people won't tell you is that at GCSE, Latin is not just translations - there is 'prose' and 'verse' - which you must know, more or less, off by heart.
Reply 3
Original post by VeryAverage
I need to choose one of them for my GCSE's, and I have no future career options in mind. I'm fairly good at both of them, and enjoy both of them as well - It's a pretty hard dilemma.

Which one?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You have to learn a lot of case studies for Geography and all the people that I know who chose it regret it - but that might just be because of the teacher.
In Latin, there are set texts which you have to be able to talk about how the latin language that the writers use creates different types of effects.
It depends what kind of skills you have - personally, I chose Latin because I find it easier but it's about personal preference and skill sets.
Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest