The Student Room Group

Job help!

Hey guys,

Can't find a job I like, I'm looking to work in retail. Any1 know when they start to recruit :frown: Feel really depressed about the whole situation. Can anyone give me suggestions of who is recruiting? I tried cinema but no one got back to me :/

Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Try Tesco and Sainsbury’s website
Reply 2
Original post by 0770

Tesco just reject me all the time and I tried Sainsbury's and went to the interview but apparently, I was unsuccessful, and now I can't really apply to any other role because I've failed them all. :/
Reply 3
For Tesco you can reapply as much as u like but not for the same position. Did you put right to work stuff down?
Reply 4
Original post by 0770
For Tesco you can reapply as much as u like but not for the same position. Did you put right to work stuff down?

There are no other positions that are suitable and yes I did, I actually just got rejected a couple days ago, that I applied too like last year! Are there any other places you know of that take on 19-year-olds?
Reply 5
nope really I’ve applied else where but they don’t take your except retail
Reply 6
It's retail, you won't find anywhere you like. Retail is terrible wherever you are. You should be less picky when looking for jobs.
Reply 7
Yep true. I apply for retail because there’s always students leaving. And when I wanna leave they come back for like holidays
Original post by Roy101
Hey guys,

Can't find a job I like, I'm looking to work in retail. Any1 know when they start to recruit :frown: Feel really depressed about the whole situation. Can anyone give me suggestions of who is recruiting? I tried cinema but no one got back to me :/

Thanks

Look for picker, packer, warehouse operative jobs at your local agencies, you can work there for 1-2 days or look for waiter jobs.

Retail

- Marks and Spencer
- Next
- Debenhams
- River Island
- Sports Soccer
- JD Sports
- Game
- John Lewis
- Toys R us
- TK Maxx
- Boots
- Poundland
- PC world
- Currys
- Ikea
- Superdrug's
- Staples
- Greggs
- Waterstones
- Primark
- Phone shops
- B and M(the Bargain Shop)

And many more others

Supermarket (Asda, Tesco, Morrison's, Lidl, Sainsbury's)
Restaurants (McDonalds, KFC, Burger Kind, Burger shops, Pizza Hut, Café Rouge)
Cinema's
Pubs
Warehouse (lots of jobs available as a warehouse operative, picker, packer, parcel sorter)
DIY Shops
Bookies
Fundraising (There are commission based and hourly paid for hitting targets)
Hotels

Also the type of jobs you can apply for:

Waiter, Kitchen Porter, Bar Staff, Housekeeper, Call Centre, Assistant, Checkout operator, Data entry, Cashier, Theatre supervisor, Gardening, Bin person, Home shopper, Customer Service, Hosting, Admin, Food Supervisor, Beverage Supervisor, Room Attendant, Catering Assistant, Porter, security steward, field operative, production operative, recycling operative

Where to find jobs:

- Totaljobs
- Indeed
- Reed
- Monster
- Job centre plus
- Fish4jobs
- At your local Job centre board
- Gumtree
- Empty Lemon
- Retail jobs
- Job heaven
- Jobsite
- Your local shopping centre website
- Agencies
- Look through your Express and Star
- Shop Window
- Through someone
- Job open days (ask at your local job centre)
- Your university/college job shop
- Through your local council
Retail pretty much recruits throughout the year. Look on websites like Indeed.com and go to your local High Street as some places advertise by putting a sign in their windows. Do you have previous experience?

If you are struggling to find a retail job, have you considered jobs like waitressing or bar work?
Reply 10
Original post by cheesecakelove
Retail pretty much recruits throughout the year. Look on websites like Indeed.com and go to your local High Street as some places advertise by putting a sign in their windows. Do you have previous experience?

If you are struggling to find a retail job, have you considered jobs like waitressing or bar work?

I don't have much experience :/ and I check indeed every now and then
Original post by Roy101
Hey guys,

Thanks

Mcdonalds take on a lot of students.
They take on quite regularly.
Reply 12
Original post by 0770

Hey, just applied for a similar role to which I got unsuccessful on. I was looking into Tesco, do you think they will bother looking Into my application ?
Reply 13
@Roy101 did you get the questions right and what store is it?
Reply 14
Original post by 0770
@Roy101 did you get the questions right and what store is it?

Private messaged you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending