The Student Room Group

Boyfriend hasn't contacted me in 6 days.

I last saw him on Monday evening. He usually calls daily. I haven't had a single call or text from him for nearly a week. I've called him twice a day each day since, I've left texts asking if he's alright, I've even left Facebook messages asking if his phone is broken etc. I've seen he's been active on Instagram and Facebook daily though?

I'd be tempted to say he's finished with me but it seems unusual. We never have arguments, we've only been dating a month and we're still in the 'honeymoon' period. He even talks about the future frequently e.g. we were planning on seeing a movie he loves in 2 weeks time, we talked about plans for my birthday in a few months. He said he could get me addicted to a game by the end of 2018 etc.

He's even brought up marriage and said he sees me as a serious girlfriend and wants to get to know me for a year before discussing marriage (he brought it up).

I don't know what to do, or what to think.

Scroll to see replies

If he's been online and is not answering you then I'd take it as a sign that he's lost interest.
Original post by Anonymous
I last saw him on Monday evening. He usually calls daily. I haven't had a single call or text from him for nearly a week. I've called him twice a day each day since, I've left texts asking if he's alright, I've even left Facebook messages asking if his phone is broken etc. I've seen he's been active on Instagram and Facebook daily though?

I'd be tempted to say he's finished with me but it seems unusual. We never have arguments, we've only been dating a month and we're still in the 'honeymoon' period. He even talks about the future frequently e.g. we were planning on seeing a movie he loves in 2 weeks time, we talked about plans for my birthday in a few months. He said he could get me addicted to a game by the end of 2018 etc.

He's even brought up marriage and said he sees me as a serious girlfriend and wants to get to know me for a year before discussing marriage (he brought it up).

Well after a month he's gotten bored and just because he brought up marriage doesn't mean he can't change his mind.
He sounds like a typical male, fickle but there not all like that ??
You haven't slept with him already ?
Women should always make men wait 3 months before sleeping with them to keep them keen
Reply 3
Original post by sinfonietta
If he's been online and is not answering you then I'd take it as a sign that he's lost interest.

I'm just really disappointed. I'm not sure what he expected from me to be honest. I've been very laidback and easygoing with him, I never complain about anything and I always respect him. I thought he wanted that but apparently not. I'd rather he actually talked to me about it so I wasn't sat thinking he'd been involved in a car accident etc until I saw his activity on social media.

And another thing most men lie about almost anything in order to get what they want.
How can you tell when a man is lying ?
When Their lips are moving
Reply 5
Original post by Judge Jules
Well after a month he's gotten bored and just because he brought up marriage doesn't mean he can't change his mind.
He sounds like a typical male, fickle but there not all like that ??
You haven't slept with him already ?
Women should always make men wait 3 months before sleeping with them to keep them keen

I don't understand why he got bored. He showed no signs at all of not being happy with the relationship. If he talked to me about whatever he was feeling, maybe I could've done something. I haven't slept with him yet, I told him I wanted to wait and he said he liked that. I just feel used and played with emotionally and physically. He's cowardly for not even trying to break up with me, but just leaving me wondering.
I don't understand why he got bored. He showed no signs at all of not being happy with the relationship. If he talked to me about whatever he was feeling, maybe I could've done something. I haven't slept with him yet, I told him I wanted to wait and he said he liked that. I just feel used and played with emotionally and physically. He's cowardly for not even trying to break up with me, but just leaving me wondering.

This its no unusual I'm afraid. Here's what's going to happen. You're going to stop talking to him and forget about him. Then, a few days or weeks later he will get in touch about how 'sorry' and 'busy' he was and that he wants to hang out again. At this point you must say no I'm afraid. He's had plenty of time to let you know what's up, and he's clearly lost interest. Sorry :frown:
Reply 7
You mentioned that he was planning a near future for both of you together and considered you as a serious girlfriend.
Maybe he's just testing the waters to see how you'll react without contact from him. He might just want to check if you'll play the jealousy card and cheat on him or he might want to see how much you care about him by watching your reaction.
Or he's lost interest. Hope it goes well
I'm just really disappointed. I'm not sure what he expected from me to be honest. I've been very laidback and easygoing with him, I never complain about anything and I always respect him. I thought he wanted that but apparently not. I'd rather he actually talked to me about it so I wasn't sat thinking he'd been involved in a car accident etc until I saw his activity on social media.

If you know the places he frequents you should turn up unexpectedly then he'll be forced to talk to you.
Or Catfish him on social media by using someone else's picture and ask him out. Then when he agrees to meet he won't know it's you until he turns up.
ButThat's a low thing to do not to tell somebody that their not interested anymore but even worse to find out he's been using social media and not bothered to contact you at all.
Some men actually prefer women who nah and treat them like crap, I don't know why but they deserve them.
Once you know for sure it's over
Teach him a lesson by asking somebody else out but that's going to take some balls to approach men for a date. Ask on the street or might be easier to approach in a library or if you don't want to do that find someone on Bigo Live to ask out. It's a live streaming app where people make friends or can ask others out.

Ring him and ask him for a straight answer if he doesn't even answer I would just finish him

And another thing most men lie about almost anything in order to get what they want.
How can you tell when a man is lying ?
When Their lips are moving

Not all of us guys are liars :rolleyes:
This its no unusual I'm afraid. Here's what's going to happen. You're going to stop talking to him and forget about him. Then, a few days or weeks later he will get in touch about how 'sorry' and 'busy' he was and that he wants to hang out again. At this point you must say no I'm afraid. He's had plenty of time to let you know what's up, and he's clearly lost interest. Sorry :frown:

I did text him for the last time yesterday giving him an ultimatum saying 'if you don't call me, I'll consider this as meaning you don't want to be with me anymore.' and left it at that. From now on, there will be no more calls, texts etc. I can move on and get over this eventually, this actually is his loss. My fear is that if he does get in touch, my feelings are going to come flooding back and I'll go back to him.
Reply 11
yeah doesn't look good. see if he eventually responds to you, if and when he does then end it with him. he couldn't make it any more obvious that hes lost interest

A lot of men do this and then complain that women play games or are fickle.
His a loser but you do need some sort of closure before you can move on.
Do you have his phone number where you can ring him and leave a message by text and on his answer machine ?
You only mentioned you saw his activity on social media but as long as you leave a text on his phone too and he doesn't respond then you'll know it's over.
Ask a friend or family member if you can use their phone to ring him. This will trap him into answering his phone then if he answers you can confront him that way.

Men have done this to me too but it's been a shorter time than one month. I'd prefer If they had the balls to just tell me their not interested anymore even if it was by text but leaving people hanging with no explanation or contact is so cruel.
All I can suggest is that you keep your head held high. If he's playing cards like this with you then he shouldn't be worth the time and effort you're putting in especially if you can see he's been active. But most of all, he might be going through something and need a little time for himself. It could be anything really, but overall just be as strong as you can be and try not to let him play you!
Original post by Rock Fan
Ring him and ask him for a straight answer if he doesn't even answer I would just finish him

I use certain words like that deliberately just to wind people up and get a reaction
Original post by G_APZ
You mentioned that he was planning a near future for both of you together and considered you as a serious girlfriend.
Maybe he's just testing the waters to see how you'll react without contact from him. He might just want to check if you'll play the jealousy card and cheat on him or he might want to see how much you care about him by watching your reaction.
Or he's lost interest. Hope it goes well

He was, even his friends knew about me and he was quite protective. He brought up the future every time, I never did because I tread very carefully in general. We had a minor quarrel the last time we saw each other. However, it didn't seem too serious, we cuddled afterwards for about an hour, said goodbye and kissed how we normally do. We have so much in common too, we're from the same area, the same ethnicity, the same culture. We understood each other very well.
Original post by Rock Fan

I've already called him a couple of times daily since he hasn't contacted me, hoping for an explanation. His phone actually rings and doesn't go straight to voicemail so I know his battery isn't dead, and his phone isn't broken as he must be charging it daily for it to ring consistently for 6 days now. He just lets it ring until it goes to voicemail, but doesn't decline or answer. On Facebook too he's on it multiple times a day but hasn't even read my messages asking if he's alright.
I use certain words like that deliberately just to wind people up and get a reaction

And some women don't lie eh.....

I've already called him a couple of times daily since he hasn't contacted me, hoping for an explanation. His phone actually rings and doesn't go straight to voicemail so I know his battery isn't dead, and his phone isn't broken as he must be charging it daily for it to ring consistently for 6 days now. He just lets it ring until it goes to voicemail, but doesn't decline or answer. On Facebook too he's on it multiple times a day but hasn't even read my messages asking if he's alright.

Well it don't take two minutes to send a reponse or an explanation, he sounds like a right coward
Original post by tlmurphy
All I can suggest is that you keep your head held high. If he's playing cards like this with you then he shouldn't be worth the time and effort you're putting in especially if you can see he's been active. But most of all, he might be going through something and need a little time for himself. It could be anything really, but overall just be as strong as you can be and try not to let him play you!

Thank you for your support. It's just weird and not like him at all. He's not talked to me for a day at a time sometimes but calls me the very next day, apologizing for not being in touch and he explains his phone was messed up etc. He's always been very respectful and apologizes for not communicating with me in the past, or if he feels like he hasn't given me enough attention, to the point where I tell him not to worry so much, and I'm fine with it. To abandon me for this long, just made me anxious.
If you know the places he frequents you should turn up unexpectedly then he'll be forced to talk to you.
Or Catfish him on social media by using someone else's picture and ask him out. Then when he agrees to meet he won't know it's you until he turns up.
ButThat's a low thing to do not to tell somebody that their not interested anymore but even worse to find out he's been using social media and not bothered to contact you at all.
Some men actually prefer women who nah and treat them like crap, I don't know why but they deserve them.
Once you know for sure it's over
Teach him a lesson by asking somebody else out but that's going to take some balls to approach men for a date. Ask on the street or might be easier to approach in a library or if you don't want to do that find someone on Bigo Live to ask out. It's a live streaming app where people make friends or can ask others out.

He doesn't seem to go out much. He's at work 6 days of the week from 9am to 7pm and he goes to the gym afterwards sometimes. Different gyms too as I've asked him in the past. He's called me from his work phone before, so I could always give them a ring tomorrow and ask for him. But would that not be a bit over the top? He's making it clear that he doesn't want my attention, so I don't see why I should go to any effort for him now.

Quick Reply

Latest