The Student Room Group

Would having a masters degree allow me to apply for graduate schemes requiring 2:1?

Hi, I was unaware which forum to post this in (sorry), and am also currently studying Management BA.

So after second year I was on track for a 2:1, however struggled with my first two exams in third year. I am yet to get these results back so I do not know my fate yet lol. However my question is, if I were to graduate with a 2:2, and went on to to a masters degree in Management (providing I pass) would this then enable me to apply for grad schemes requiring a 2:1 since I would technically have a degree higher than this?

Thanks for reading :smile:
Original post by Nathann97
Hi, I was unaware which forum to post this in (sorry), and am also currently studying Management BA.

So after second year I was on track for a 2:1, however struggled with my first two exams in third year. I am yet to get these results back so I do not know my fate yet lol. However my question is, if I were to graduate with a 2:2, and went on to to a masters degree in Management (providing I pass) would this then enable me to apply for grad schemes requiring a 2:1 since I would technically have a degree higher than this?

Imo no.
You can always contact the organisation in advance to see if you can apply, but the fact is its a masters and not a 2:1.
Original post by Nathann97

Depends on the employer. Some will be willing to overlook the first degree grade whereas others will strict about having obtained the 2:1 regardless of higher qualifications.
There are some graduate schemes that will accept a 2:2 or still accept you if have a great application. I would to see first what grade you have - maybe you might get a 2:1! Is the only reason you are considering a Masters is to boost your application for grad schemes?
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
There are some graduate schemes that will accept a 2:2 or still accept you if have a great application. I would to see first what grade you have - maybe you might get a 2:1! Is the only reason you are considering a Masters is to boost your application for grad schemes?

Yes, I was concerned that I may miss out on the 2:1, so thought that maybe a masters degree in the same subject would kind of offset that and allow me to apply for grad schemes requiring 2:1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending