The Student Room Group

How do women date so easily in this day and age?

Maybe it's just me but dating today, specifically for women seems so difficult. I really don't understand how women date today because I feel like the "dating culture" has changed. Guys now are expecting women to make the first moves, ask for dates etc. It's so hard to meet guys, and talk to them.
So how do women even date ? I guess it might just be me who finds it incredibly difficult.

Scroll to see replies

totally agree with you, dating has lost all its fun and romance, now its all about who can get laid first and then they leave when they get bored of you.

I have made the first move, ive stepped back and let the guys make the first move and it all ends with the guys saying 'im not ready for a relationship' or 'i just want a bit of fun' Guys dont take it seriously enough anymore.. its the same for girls too, girls do this too, so its not just guys

like i say these days people do like a 14 day free trial with a person- and then leave.... and its always hard for the one person who catches feelings quickly

ive had mannnyyyy trial and errors and you know how badly its worked out for me... not good at all, im stepping back from dating now, for a while now, ive been emotionally traumatized enough now

i miss those days where you either had a bf or not.... this exclusive stuff is confusing and should come with T&C's because its subjective af
Reply 2
Original post by CleverSquirrel
totally agree with you, dating has lost all its fun and romance, now its all about who can get laid first and then they leave when they get bored of you.

I have made the first move, ive stepped back and let the guys make the first move and it all ends with the guys saying 'im not ready for a relationship' or 'i just want a bit of fun' Guys dont take it seriously enough anymore.. its the same for girls too, girls do this too, so its not just guys

like i say these days people do like a 14 day free trial with a person- and then leave.... and its always hard for the one person who catches feelings quickly

ive had mannnyyyy trial and errors and you know how badly its worked out for me... not good at all, im stepping back from dating now, for a while now, ive been emotionally traumatized enough now

i miss those days where you either had a bf or not.... this exclusive stuff is confusing and should come with T&C's because its subjective af

LOL I am turning 20 in a few months and I've never even been asked out before.
I had the same experience with that a few months ago too lol. I met this guy then he told me he wasn't really ready for a relationship and just wanted to be "friend" aka a fwb lol. I really wasn't on that.

It's just so difficult.....
Original post by loveleest
LOL I am turning 20 in a few months and I've never even been asked out before.
I had the same experience with that a few months ago too lol. I met this guy then he told me he wasn't really ready for a relationship and just wanted to be "friend" aka a fwb lol. I really wasn't on that.

It's just so difficult.....

im gonna be 21 soon and have had no luck tbf, and idk why friends with benefits is a trend now, imo theres nothing attractive in being in one :rolleyes:

legit just happened to me recently :colonhash: im getting salty towards couples and dreading v day :colonhash:

i know the feels, i honestly give up
Introduce yourself. Establish common ground. See if there's chemistry. Get their contact details. Easier said then done really but that's pretty much the jist of it.

Easiest way I've found to meet new people is at gigs as most people there will already have a common interest. Alternatively, outside of a club/pub setting I'd say go out shopping in a big city alone. It's much easier meeting people when you're solo.
Reply 5
Original post by CleverSquirrel
im gonna be 21 soon and have had no luck tbf, and idk why friends with benefits is a trend now, imo theres nothing attractive in being in one :rolleyes:

legit just happened to me recently :colonhash: im getting salty towards couples and dreading v day :colonhash:

i know the feels, i honestly give up

I just feel like guys nowadays are soooo lazy when it comes to women. I can go months and on going months without getting approached/speaking to any guy.
I am just thinking how tf am I supposed to date properly since guys go such a long time without approaching women. And I mean a genuine nice approach, not those drunken guys looking for an easy bang at a club

Haha, I was expecting to stay single on valentines day tbh. I've always been single so it's just normal for me i guess lol
Reply 6
Original post by sinfonietta
Introduce yourself. Establish common ground. See if there's chemistry. Get their contact details. Easier said then done really but that's pretty much the jist of it.

Easiest way I've found to meet new people is at gigs as most people there will already have a common interest. Alternatively, outside of a club/pub setting I'd say go out shopping in a big city alone. It's much easier meeting people when you're solo.

I shop alone all the time and I certainly do not get guys coming up to me wanting to talk lmao
I shop alone all the time and I certainly do not get guys coming up to me wanting to talk lmao

Have you tried approaching them?
Reply 8

no lol.
Maybe it's just me but dating today, specifically for women seems so difficult. I really don't understand how women date today because I feel like the "dating culture" has changed. Guys now are expecting women to make the first moves, ask for dates etc. It's so hard to meet guys, and talk to them.
So how do women even date ? I guess it might just be me who finds it incredibly difficult.

What's the point of complaining and this thread if your not going to approach any men yourself
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
What's the point of complaining and this thread if your not going to approach any men yourself

I don't want to. There are many reasons why I won't be I cba to explain myself.
Dating sounds like a right pain, like I would not feel comfortable in the context of meeting someone when they are explicitly looking for a relationship. I'd rather just be friends with someone then develop feeling for them. I guess that can lead to drama and awkwardness but feel far more natural to me, not that I ever have gone out with anyone although I do talk constantly to this one girl. Gonna ask her out for a date during half term methinks.
Reply 12
If guys are expecting girls to make the first move, (which I don't believe is true) then you should make the first move.

It doesn't have to be asking them out in the first sentence but building some sort of connection or friendship first is the first step.
Reply 13
Original post by UWS
If guys are expecting girls to make the first move, (which I don't believe is true) then you should make the first move.

It doesn't have to be asking them out in the first sentence but building some sort of connection or friendship first is the first step.

I can go months and months without getting approached though?
If I have to make the first move then that would mean making the first move ALL the time
Reply 14
I can go months and months without getting approached though?
If I have to make the first move then that would mean making the first move ALL the time

Well if you just sit there and watch the pigeons fly by then you're going to be waiting for a very long time. If you want something, you go for it. Like a job application or wanting to drive, you make that first step.
I just feel like guys nowadays are soooo lazy when it comes to women. I can go months and on going months without getting approached/speaking to any guy.

no lol.

Sounds like you're the lazy one.

Make the first move yourself and stop complaining.
Reply 16
Original post by Wilfred Little

No, it's not about laziness.
Why don't guys approach anymore?
Reply 17

Sounds like you're a bit frustrated at guys not approaching YOU. There is a difference.
Reply 18
Original post by Wilfred Little

Original post by UWS
Well if you just sit there and watch the pigeons fly by then you're going to be waiting for a very long time. If you want something, you go for it. Like a job application or wanting to drive, you make that first step.

for some reason she believes the outdated view that girls who make the first move are desperate

Maybe they don't want to be accused of sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour for talking to women in the street.

What's stopping you from going up to a guy you like the look of and starting a conversation? You're the one that wants to date. You complain about dating being hard but then say you've never approached even one man and then call men lazy for not approaching you.

#ManUp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending