The Student Room Group

Girl caught me looking her up in internet

I have ADHD that's why I need to see a mental social worker, she is really hot, that's why I look her up in Google, and I find her LinkedIn profile, so I click in and look at it, but the thing I don't know is people can see who look up their profile in LINKEDIN!

I try to change to other social worker but my parents don't allow, please help!

I have a appointment with her next week

Help please help
Reply 1
Please help
Reply 2
Original post by AwkwardJ
I have ADHD that's why I need to see a mental social worker, she is really hot, that's why I look her up in Google,

People look each other up on the Interwebs all the time, welcome to the twenty first century.

If she comments (and I'll bet she won't), just say you were bored one afternoon.

Or tell her she's hot and when you've finished your appointment you want to bang her. Professional people do this kind of thing.
Its really not a big deal, everyone checks out profiles on LinkedIn. Don't stress out over that. Think about it this way- even she has gone through your entire file and found out your life, issues, family info etc and you've just had a look online to find out about her work life.

Also not completely clear from the OP hence I may be wrong, but if you don't have a profile on LinkedIn and view another profile through google or something, I don't think it can show you on the viewers list, so she probably won't even know you've had a look through her work-life.
Reply 4
Original post by anonymous375
Its really not a big deal, everyone checks out profiles on LinkedIn. Don't stress out over that. Think about it this way- even she has gone through your entire file and found out your life, issues, family info etc and you've just had a look online to find out about her work life.

Also not completely clear from the OP hence I may be wrong, but if you don't have a profile on LinkedIn and view another profile through google or something, I don't think it can show you on the viewers list, so she probably won't even know you've had a look through her work-life.

It does because my username show my real name.... I am so worried, she might think I am a creeper or something, I don't want to go to the appointment anymore, so awkward
Just say you misplaced her contact details.
Did you download any photos of her?
I’m suspecting this guy is a troll, a very similar thread appeared and vanished about an hour ago.
Reply 8
Original post by Andrew97
I’m suspecting this guy is a troll, a very similar thread appeared and vanished about an hour ago.

That's my other account, it get banned
That's my other account, it get banned

Fair enough, I have no reason not to believe you. I’ll reiterate what I wrote there. You have nothing to worry about. If she asks (and I doubt she will) just say you were bored.
Reply 10
Original post by Andrew97
Fair enough, I have no reason not to believe you. I’ll reiterate what I wrote there. You have nothing to worry about. If she asks (and I doubt she will) just say you were bored.

Should I try to lie and said she is in my recommen list that's why I click on her profile
She might have her own viewing on private, so that she cannot see who views her LinkedIn. (I would guess most people have this setting on, but I only have access to a small sample.)

If she doesn't, it's not a big deal anyway. It is not as if she knows you were playing with your little dingle while looking at her profile.
I have ADHD that's why I need to see a mental social worker, she is really hot, that's why I look her up in Google, and I find her LinkedIn profile, so I click in and look at it, but the thing I don't know is people can see who look up their profile in LINKEDIN!

I try to change to other social worker but my parents don't allow, please help!

I have a appointment with her next week

Help please help

Just say that you wanted to know her credentials to ensure that she is the irght person to help you with your problems.
Reply 13
Original post by justanotherchica
Just say that you wanted to know her credentials to ensure that she is the irght person to help you with your problems.

OK but that's still creepy, I don't get why my parents don't let me change to other social worker
Just say you were doing some science research. :colone:

or

Blame someone else (Friends are normally the trend).:biggrin:
It's really not that unusual for people to look at someone's public profile, especially if they are working with you. You have a valid reason, to check her experience. I would imagine it happens quite a lot for social workers.
Reply 16
Original post by Lit teacher
It's really not that unusual for people to look at someone's public profile, especially if they are working with you. You have a valid reason, to check her experience. I would imagine it happens quite a lot for social workers.

Should I try to pretend that her profile is in my recommen list that's why I read her profile? Or just admit I search her up
It does because my username show my real name.... I am so worried, she might think I am a creeper or something, I don't want to go to the appointment anymore, so awkward

Thing is you don't know if she can even view profile visitors because if you set profile viewing to anonymous on LinkedIn, then even if you see her profile or she sees yours, she'll only see an anonymous visitor instead so don't get too worried.

Again, everyone checks LinkedIn profiles out. Also if she asks just play it casual like yea I was fascinated with this profession and was researching qualifications required for this role. I noticed you did your degree in blah blah, did you find it interesting or did you know then that you wanted to work in this line? And just direct the conversation elsewhere. Seriously, its not a big deal at all.
Reply 18
Original post by anonymous375
Thing is you don't know if she can even view profile visitors because if you set profile viewing to anonymous on LinkedIn, then even if you see her profile or she sees yours, she'll only see an anonymous visitor instead so don't get too worried.

Again, everyone checks LinkedIn profiles out. Also if she asks just play it casual like yea I was fascinated with this profession and was researching qualifications required for this role. I noticed you did your degree in blah blah, did you find it interesting or did you know then that you wanted to work in this line? And just direct the conversation elsewhere. Seriously, its not a big deal at all.

Got it thanks for the advice mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending