The Student Room Group

A level options

I've 99% decided that I'm taking Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Spanish.

Any opinions? If anyone does this combo or any of these subjects, is it hard/interesting/time-consuming?
maths is brill
can't speak for the others
good combo for doing a bio/chem subject at uni including medicine, would caution against Spanish unless you are exceptionally good/fluent as it is difficult and a heavy workload for a fourth a level, particularly if you don't intend to pursue the subject beyond a level
m8 I chose physics,chemistry and computing and honestly it's good, interesting and everything but I honestly wish I chose more diverse subjects like maybe physics, art and music. Choose you'll think you might enjoy. Seriously.
Original post by stanleyoldfield
maths is brill
can't speak for the others

glad aha
Original post by aesthete1
good combo for doing a bio/chem subject at uni including medicine, would caution against Spanish unless you are exceptionally good/fluent as it is difficult and a heavy workload for a fourth a level, particularly if you don't intend to pursue the subject beyond a level

I really enjoy spanish so i'm prepared to work hard for it, and i'm mainly taking it for myself, not really for the grade because I'd love to be fluent. The other options like an epq or psychology or something didn't really seem worth the effort to me
Original post by computuring
I really enjoy spanish so i'm prepared to work hard for it, and i'm mainly taking it for myself, not really for the grade because I'd love to be fluent. The other options like an epq or psychology or something didn't really seem worth the effort to me

I'm that case go for it, this is a really strong a level combination
Original post by Eruthien420
m8 I chose physics,chemistry and computing and honestly it's good, interesting and everything but I honestly wish I chose more diverse subjects like maybe physics, art and music. Choose you'll think you might enjoy. Seriously.

yeah i enjoy the diversity of subjects at gcse, so i hope spanish will help with that at A level. also are you not taking maths, isn't it hard to do the subjects you chose without maths??
Nah bro, gcse maths is all you need. The only new math I had to learn is how to press the log() button in both physics and chem.
Original post by Eruthien420
Nah bro, gcse maths is all you need. The only new math I had to learn is how to press the log() button in both physics and chem.

ah ok fair

Quick Reply

Latest