The Student Room Group

How do women date so easily in this day and age?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
And no I am not going to make the first move all the time. It's pathetic.
Quite frankly, I would rather die alone than to chase after guys and I am being serious.

That's a shame. :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by sinfonietta
That's a shame. :frown:

It's not for me lol. I am okay with staying single forever. I guess that's my only option from the replies on this thread.

Thanks everyone x
It's not for me lol. I am okay with staying single forever. I guess that's my only option from the replies on this thread.

Thanks everyone x

I doubt you'll be single forever. But probably for longer.
Reply 43
Original post by sinfonietta
I doubt you'll be single forever. But probably for longer.

nah, i probs would stay single forever but im completely ok with that
Reply 44
nah, i probs would stay single forever but im completely ok with that

This thread says otherwise :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by xylas
This thread says otherwise :biggrin:

No, I am being dead serious lol. I can stay alone forever and be fine with that
Reply 46
No, I am being dead serious lol. I can stay alone forever and be fine with that

Ok so why did you make this thread then and continue to write the posts you did?
I just feel like guys nowadays are soooo lazy when it comes to women. I can go months and on going months without getting approached/speaking to any guy.
I am just thinking how tf am I supposed to date properly since guys go such a long time without approaching women. And I mean a genuine nice approach, not those drunken guys looking for an easy bang at a club

Haha, I was expecting to stay single on valentines day tbh. I've always been single so it's just normal for me i guess lol

this why i just give up, i cant be arsed to put in the energy and time into guys anymore
Reply 48
Original post by xylas
Ok so why did you make this thread then and continue to write the posts you did?

Well I was looking for responses....duh.
The reponses indicates that I will die alone since I don't want to make the first move. But I am ok with it
Original post by CleverSquirrel
this why i just give up, i cant be arsed to put in the energy and time into guys anymore

You give up because men aren't approaching you?
Reply 50
Well I was looking for responses....duh.
The reponses indicates that I will die alone since I don't want to make the first move. But I am ok with it

Congratulations...
Original post by Wilfred Little

no, her case is way different from OP.

see her first post on this thread on the first page and posts from this thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5124622).
(edited 6 years ago)
This is gonna sound really shallow (because men are pretty shallow) but you need to be at least a 7 (preferably an 8) out of 10 in the looks department to even have a chance at being approached by a random guy on the street.

Do you want a relationship or do you just want to be approached?

If it's the former you could try dating sites.

If you just want a guy's attention just hit a club.

You can get very good looking guys despite being average/below average yourself with the above two. But if you want a long-term relationship you'd need to be somewhat above average.
Original post by num.7
no, her case is way different from OP.

see her first post on this thread on the first page.

Just read it. Can't really suggest anything other than pick better guys.

no because ive approached men, we 'date' and then they decide they dont want a relationship

or

they approach me and do the same thing
I can go months and on going months without getting approached/speaking to any guy.

:K:
no because ive approached men, we 'date' and then they decide they dont want a relationship

or

Pick better guys. Hardly a reason to 'give up' on men.

or

Really?
Pick better guys. Hardly a reason to 'give up' on men.

ive been told to hold back on dating and the right guy will come to me, so im gonna focus on other aspects on my life and if he comes, he comes i guess
Reply 59
Original post by angelike1
This is gonna sound really shallow (because men are pretty shallow) but you need to be at least a 7 (preferably an 8) out of 10 in the looks department to even have a chance at being approached by a random guy on the street.

Do you want a relationship or do you just want to be approached?

If it's the former you could try dating sites.

If you just want a guy's attention just hit a club.

You can get very good looking guys despite being average/below average yourself with the above two. But if you want a long-term relationship you'd need to be somewhat above average.

Beauty is subjective. What makes a person a 7 or 8 ?
I got approached randomly a few months ago at a computer repair shop. I certainly don't think I looked amazing.
IDC about it anymore. I have lost my desire to date/enter relationship. So it's neither.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending