The Student Room Group

How do women date so easily in this day and age?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
Just read it. Can't really suggest anything other than pick better guys.

i think her issue is that she's not filtering guys well enough. what i mean by this: she's allowing herself to get ****ed over by not setting boundaries and enforcing said boundaries. as soon as you see a red flag, you should waste no time on moving on. whenever you're talking to someone for the first time, you should see if you're compatable: do you want the same things? as soon as a red flad pops up, e.g., they say they want a fling, they're not ready, let's be exclusive while i find someone better, you walk away because you want something else. don't settle for whatever they want - settle for what you want because it's your time that you're investing. if you catch feelings early, you're just going to have to learn to think with your head (or also your gut in a lot of circumstances) and not with your heart when you make decisions.
Reply 61
Original post by Salt Queen
:K:

ik ik i dont understand either
Reply 62
Original post by loveleest
And no I am not going to make the first move all the time. It's pathetic.
Quite frankly, I would rather die alone than to chase after guys and I am being serious.

Wow, why do you think guys aren't throwing themselves onto you with this attitude? Stop being so self-entitled and ask out guys yourself if you want a partner, simple. I don't get what's so laborious or difficult about it that you refuse to ask out someone you like?
Original post by CleverSquirrel
ive been told to hold back on dating and the right guy will come to me, so im gonna focus on other aspects on my life and if he comes, he comes i guess

Fair enough, that's understandable.

Original post by num.7
i think her issue is that she's not filtering guys well enough. what i mean by this: she's allowing herself to get ****ed over by not setting boundaries and enforcing said boundaries. as soon as you see a red flag, you should waste no time on moving on. whenever you're talking to someone for the first time, you should see if you're compatable: do you want the same things? as soon as a red flad pops up, e.g., they say they want a fling, they're not ready, let's be exclusive while i find someone better, you walk away because you want something else. don't settle for whatever they want - settle for what you want because it's your time that you're investing. if you catch feelings early, you're just going to think with your head and not with your heart when you make decisions.

I had the same thought tbh.
lmfao this post has to be bait. Today it is easier THAN EVER for women to get laid.
Beauty is subjective. What makes a person a 7 or 8 ?
I got approached randomly a few months ago at a computer repair shop. I certainly don't think I looked amazing.
IDC about it anymore. I have lost my desire to date/enter relationship. So it's neither.

Not completely subjective.

99% of the population would agree that Henry Cavill is better looking than Jesse Eisenberg.

Massive level of objectivity in beauty - harsh but true.
ik ik i dont understand either

That's never happened to me. Surely you get approached at least once :s what us your daily schedule like? Are you in places conducive to flirting and mingling or good convo?
Reply 67
Original post by k.n.h.
Wow, why do you think guys aren't throwing themselves onto you with this attitude? Stop being so self-entitled and ask out guys yourself if you want a partner, simple. I don't get what's so laborious or difficult about it that you refuse to ask out someone you like?

What did I say wrong? I AM OKAY WITH STAYING SINGLE. I don't understand what I said was wrong lol
Original post by BirdIsWord
lmfao this post has to be bait. Today it is easier THAN EVER for women to get laid.

I think she's being serious.
Original post by BirdIsWord

It's not 'bait' and she's not asking to get laid. She wants a relationship to come to her.

Read fred m8
Reply 70
What did I say wrong? I AM OKAY WITH STAYING SINGLE. I don't understand what I said was wrong lol

Ok, so why do you expect guys to make the first move?
Reply 71
And no I am not going to make the first move all the time. It's pathetic.
Quite frankly, I would rather die alone than to chase after guys and I am being serious.

this is rather an extreme statement to make

what exactly is the issue with approaching first that would cause you to make such a statement?

is it extreme anxiety when trying to approach or something?

maybe somebody can help.
Guys tend to approach girls they find pretty or who look like they have a decent attitude.

I wonder why guys aren't approaching you. It seems to be a mystery.
Reply 73
Original post by ANM775
this is rather an extreme statement to make

what exactly is the issue with approaching first that would cause you to make such a statement?

is it extreme anxiety when trying to approach or something?

maybe somebody can help.

No I haven't got anxiety.
Eventually I will get sick of constantly having to chase after guys and it just seems so difficult so yes I would rather die alone than to stress over dating
Eventually I will get sick of constantly having to chase after guys and it just seems so difficult so yes I would rather die alone than to stress over dating

i hear you on that one sister
try online dating

men ask you out easily on there
Reply 76

Finally, someone understands me. Thank you!

Original post by Anonymous
try online dating

men ask you out easily on there

I've considered it. So many times lol. I even made a few accounts to even check but no online dating almost never works it wont make me feel comfortable
Reply 77

don't encourage her

if she ends up on old cat lady, part of that is on you :P
Finally, someone understands me. Thank you!

I've considered it. So many times lol. I even made a few accounts to even check but no online dating almost never works it wont make me feel comfortable

i do, first hand experiance too

Original post by ANM775
don't encourage her

if she ends up on old cat lady, part of that is on you :P

you know whats been going on with me, its true

But you haven't even chased after one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending