The Student Room Group

How do women date so easily in this day and age?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Wilfred Little
But you haven't even chased after one?

Yes I know. But in order to date you need to find a few guys to bond with. Before I get into a relationship, I would want to date and test to see which guy I am most compatible with. And so it is just too difficult and stressful to do so
x

whats your take on all of this?
Reply 82
go to one of those custom made clothes websites online, and make a custom shirt saying "single and ready to mingle"

wear it with you wherever you go

if that doesn't work, then i'm sorry it's either a life alone or you start approaching guys
Reply 83
Original post by ANM775
go to one of those custom made clothes websites online, and make a custom shirt saying "single and ready to mingle"

wear it with you wherever you go

if that doesn't work, then i'm sorry it's either a life alone or you start approaching guys

No, im not interested. I am completely fine with staying single forever like I have said many times on this thread. Thanks!
Original post by CleverSquirrel
whats your take on all of this?

Genuine question?
Genuine question?

yes of course, i mean whats it like from a guys perspective, because for me, honestly, every time i thought a guy was right for me, they all had issues with commitment and taking things forwards, leaving me with feelings for a guy who didnt want me
Original post by CleverSquirrel
yes of course, i mean whats it like from a guys perspective, because for me, honestly, every time i thought a guy was right for me, they all had issues with commitment and taking things forwards, leaving me with feelings for a guy who didnt want me

I think it's easy to tell when guys are only after one thing and if you want more then as someone else said set your boundaries early on, make it clear what you want and stick to it. Will probably meet more serious guys as you get older (as correct me if I'm wrong but based on your first post you seem in your teens/early 20s).

With regards to the OP, she needs to look at herself and I'm not trying to be a **** by saying that. I don't think anyone believes she is genuinely OK with being single for the rest of her life.
Reply 87

With regards to the OP, she needs to look at herself and I'm not trying to be a **** by saying that. I don't think anyone believes she is genuinely OK with being single for the rest of her life.

She's not.

Quite a while back there was this Asexual girl called sherlock and she had given up on men and was adamant on remaining single for the rest of her life and loveleest was one of the people trying to convince her not to give up on men and telling her that she would not be happy living like this.
Reply 88
I think it's easy to tell when guys are only after one thing and if you want more then as someone else said set your boundaries early on, make it clear what you want and stick to it. Will probably meet more serious guys as you get older (as correct me if I'm wrong but based on your first post you seem in your teens/early 20s).

I really, really am! I am being dead serious
Reply 89
Original post by ANM775
She's not.

Quite a while back there was this Asexual girl called sherlock and she had given up on men and was adamant on remaining single for the rest of her life and loveleest was one of the people trying to convince her not to give up on men and telling her that she would not be happy living like this.

lol it's hilarious that people are trying to tell me, how I feel. But ok.

yeah gonna be 21 soon, and youre right, im a really bad judge of character and hella of a lot gullible too :redface:

yeah i get where youre coming from, but i think she kinda meant it in a 'id rather be single than getting screwed over' kind of way
It's subjective when you're compading two people of similar attractiveness.

So what I think is seven you might think is an 8 but neither of us would think someone around the 3-5 region is an 8+
Could this possibly have to do with Valentine day
Reply 93
Some of us just can't be arsed with the nonsense.
Maybe they dont think you're attractive. Men still approach women.
maybe you're just not attractive enough for guys to want to make the move. guys might need to get to know your personality a bit more so it might be better if you take the initiative and go up to guys. i don't know if guys are getting lazier, perhaps they are because of tinder, but attractive girls will always having guys coming up to them. tbh you don't even need to be that attractive to pull in a bar/club. if you really don't want to go up and strike a conversation then at least make it more obvious to guys that you're interested in them. smile, hold eye contact, find an excuse to stand by them. you'll make it easier for them to approach but when they do, they'll think it was them that approached and did the hard work. so you don't have to worry about coming across needy. i think the reason why a lot of guys are now wanting women to make the first move is because women can be so fussy and can easily put you in the friend zone. women always have it easier when it comes to dating, so some guys just don't want to take the risk because they assume that the woman has loads of other options
sometimes tbh you only realise how great the single life when you enter a relationship lol
dont want some clingy girl taking my precious oxygen ygm and is in your face 24/7 :colonhash:

when you are single your bank balance tends to look more healthy, you can have less stress as well :tongue:

also you dont need a partner to be satisfied in life :biggrin:

inb4 "Men are trash" :teehee:

Im 20 almost 21, never been on a date too but am I going to let that put me down
"absolutely ******* not*
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by loveleest
no lol.

Some men are fickle beasts. You'll meet a weird one, one day, who thinks girls who approach first are thirsty. It's easy for people here to type to you what to do while they do or prefer the opposite. In real life, do not ever approach a man first. On the internet you must and ignore the strange occasional "man" who insults you for it 😙
Original post by toonervoustotalk
sometimes tbh you only realise how great the single life when you enter a relationship lol
dont want some clingy girl taking my precious oxygen ygm and is in your face 24/7 :colonhash:

when you are single your bank balance tends to look more healthy, you can have less stress as well :tongue:

also you dont need a partner to be satisfied in life :biggrin:

inb4 "Men are trash" :teehee:

Im 20 almost 21, never been on a date too but am I going to let that put me down
"absolutely ******* not*

Men aren't trash :dancing:
But many of you are
Original post by Salt Queen
Men aren't trash :dancing:
But many of you are

omds the emoji killed me :rofl:

true

same can be said about women :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending