The Student Room Group

What would you have done in this situation?

I went bowling with my friend and there was a que leading up to the till to pay. We stood in the queue for at least 15 mins then when it was our turn at the till we walked up to the till and we are just waiting to be served. A bloke with kids then pushed in front of us almost pushing us out the way (he had been in the quest somewhere behind us) and he said 'theres a que behind you love go and join it'. Me and my friend both said 'we have been in it' He said 'it goes all the way back there' I said 'yea we were just in it for 15 mins'. He ignored us and carried on being served. He looked annoyed and it wound me up but what could I do.

What would you have said and done in this situation? Just curious

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Argued with him. Flagged it with a member of staff. I don’t care if hes angry or annoyed, if i waited in line before him i should be served first. Don’t let people do that to you next time.
punched him in the mutha****ing head
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
punched him in the mutha****ing head

He was a lot bigger than me but I felt like doing this
Reply 4
Original post by HateOCR
Argued with him. Flagged it with a member of staff. I don’t care if hes angry or annoyed, if i waited in line before him i should be served first. Don’t let people do that to you next time.

We told the staff member at the till she just sort of smiled and said 'I'l serve you next' so we left it at that. They don't really care.
I'd have stuck up for myself.
Reply 6
We told the staff member at the till she just sort of smiled and said 'I'l serve you next' so we left it at that. They don't really care.

Ok thats not a problem because it prevents any escalation but if the staff offered no solution i would have been outraged.
Reply 7
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I'd have stuck up for myself.

How though, the woman serving at the till just began to serve him kind of ignoring us.
Reply 8
Original post by HateOCR
Ok thats not a problem because it prevents any escalation but if the staff offered no solution i would have been outraged.

What solution could they offer? I think I'm missing something here lol. I mean I was angry as anything inside it ruined my game of bowls. I feel that just because I'm only small and 5ft people walk all over me.
Reply 9
What solution could they offer? I think I'm missing something here lol. I mean I was angry as anything inside it ruined my game of bowls. I feel that just because I'm only small and 5ft people walk all over me.

Height doesn’t really matter. I meant they said they will definitely serve you next.
Lmao hell no. He would've met the wrong one if it was me that day
How though, the woman serving at the till just began to serve him kind of ignoring us.

She'd have caught my venom too 😊 I can feel myself screaming profanities already now
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
the dude was rude. the staff was quick to serve you at the till anyway. move on.

You could complain to the manager.
Original post by Salt Queen
Lmao hell no. He would've met the wrong one if it was me that day

What would you have done, if the person at the till chose to serve him as she didn't know what had happened/ who was telling the truth etc. Everyone is saying 'lmao I would have stuck up for myself' but WHAT would you have done. Id have just shown myself up if Id have gone on at the till assistant.
What would you have done, if the person at the till chose to serve him as she didn't know what had happened/ who was telling the truth etc. Everyone is saying 'lmao I would have stuck up for myself' but WHAT would you have done. Id have just shown myself up if Id have gone on at the till assistant.

:curious:

Lol all the sass you have in your anonymous posts would've been good if you used it on the man and cashier 😊

"He would've met the wrong one if it was me" or "stuck up for myself" says it all really. I'm not going to give you the script. Tell the woman off and demand to be served obviously. If you're above that then ok stay fuming about it 😐
Original post by Salt Queen
:curious:

Lol all the sass you have in your anonymous posts would've been good if you used it on the man and cashier 😊

"He would've met the wrong one if it was me" or "stuck up for myself" says it all really. I'm not going to give you the script. Tell the woman off and demand to be served obviously. If you're above that then ok stay fuming about it 😐

I didn't intend to have sass when typing Im just trying to establish what others would have done/what I could have done since she agreed to serve me and did the best they could given her knowledge of the situation, but yea I need more guts in real life.
Reply 17
Kicked him in the sack.
Original post by Napp
Kicked him in the sack.

No you wouldn't have
I didn't intend to have sass when typing Im just trying to establish what others would have done/what I could have done since she agreed to serve me and did the best they could given her knowledge of the situation, but yea I need more guts in real life.

Ok :smile:

Quick Reply