The Student Room Group

What would you have done in this situation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I went bowling with my friend and there was a que leading up to the till to pay. We stood in the queue for at least 15 mins then when it was our turn at the till we walked up to the till and we are just waiting to be served. A bloke with kids then pushed in front of us almost pushing us out the way (he had been in the quest somewhere behind us) and he said 'theres a que behind you love go and join it'. Me and my friend both said 'we have been in it' He said 'it goes all the way back there' I said 'yea we were just in it for 15 mins'. He ignored us and carried on being served. He looked annoyed and it wound me up but what could I do.

What would you have said and done in this situation? Just curious

The bloke pushed in suddenly taking you all by surprise so you didn't act in time to stop him. Otherwise the 2 of you can easily take him on. Nothing to do with having/not having guts.

Was it worth getting worked out about it & let it spoil your day out?

Let it go.
I went bowling with my friend and there was a que leading up to the till to pay. We stood in the queue for at least 15 mins then when it was our turn at the till we walked up to the till and we are just waiting to be served. A bloke with kids then pushed in front of us almost pushing us out the way (he had been in the quest somewhere behind us) and he said 'theres a que behind you love go and join it'. Me and my friend both said 'we have been in it' He said 'it goes all the way back there' I said 'yea we were just in it for 15 mins'. He ignored us and carried on being served. He looked annoyed and it wound me up but what could I do.

Next time, say to his kids: "your father needs to learn some f*****g manners. He is an ass***e, but I'm sure you already know that. Unlucky."

Of course he could then have shouted, ranted and raved, sworn at you and cursed. You are then within your rights to take action and threaten to call the police for abuse and verbal threats. He's the adult, you are the kid. The law will come down on your side.

If he lashed out physically, that would be attempted or actual assault of a minor. All caught o CCTV. Either way, it's sayonara to him and probably a lifetime membership to the bowling alley for free.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
I'm a nark so I'd have unloaded some four lettered beauties onto him.
Original post by uberteknik
Next time, say to his kids: "your father needs to learn some f*****g manners. He is an ass***e, but I'm sure you already know that. Unlucky."

That's miles nicer than how I would've put it
Honestly nothing. An argument is going to waste more time than just letting him pay and is going to leave his poor kids with a peed off dad to deal with. It sucks, but it's not a huge deal and the staff did the best they could while avoiding a big dispute. Sometimes people are jerks and you just need to move on.
Original post by gjd800
I'm a nark so I'd have unloaded some four lettered beauties onto him.

What's nark
Seen if they had CCTV, then complained to the duty manager and if very annoyed then complained in writing to head office about the behaviour of their staff in not dealing with the situation. Probably get you some free tickets. Also make you feel better for not rolling over. Argument with the guy a bit pointless, although id probably have taken a picture.
Ended him!

Spoiler

you should have told him that you saw him behind and you are sure that you are following the queue in an ethical way. a lot of people do this, I mean what is their problem! how would they like it if someone did this to them!!
I would have stood up for myself and made him look like a rude, arrogant man in front of his kids

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending