The Student Room Group

My cat has gone missing

I hope someone can give me a good answer I let my cat out side yesterday at 4:45 in the morning and he usually comes home at 4 in the afternoon but he did I search for him I so worried about him I found his coler and a piece of white fur and he has cat caps on do u think he will come back his food bowl is always full to the tip top I he my baby I love him more then anything
Reply 1
He probably won’t come back but you should leave his litter box outside your home just incase.
Reply 2
Original post by Jessy andGenieve
I hope someone can give me a good answer I let my cat out side yesterday at 4:45 in the morning and he usually comes home at 4 in the afternoon but he did I search for him I so worried about him I found his coler and a piece of white fur and he has cat caps on do u think he will come back his food bowl is always full to the tip top I he my baby I love him more then anything

He may have been spooked and hidden somewhere. Possibly been in a fight given the missing collar and bit of fur.
Keep looking and calling him for food. Check in with a couple of neighbors and see if you can post in a Facebook group for the area or something.

My cat went missing totally out of character once. Turns out he was totally fine in somebody's house (they were on holiday and he snuck in either the cat flap on one way. We found him by calling his name around the neighborhood until we heard him meowing.

Try not to worry too much. Hope you find him soon and in good health. :smile:

I think we should be optimistic. There's hope for your kitty. Call his name with food. God bless that cat. All alone on these cruel dark cold dangerous streets. 😔
OP i am sorry your cat is missing. they are quite resilient and can spend several days or more away from home, then come back when they feel like it. our cat was away for a week once.

:console:

[scrollr]:nyan:[/scrollr]
if ur cat is missing. put some posters up on trees with details and REWARDS
Original post by the bear
OP i am sorry your cat is missing. they are quite resilient and can spend several days or more away from home, then come back when they feel like it. our cat was away for a week once.

:console:

[scrollr]:nyan:[/scrollr]

That’s very sweet :suith:
Reply 7

I wouldn't worry too much. Cats disappear for a variety of reasons, but they often do return. Once my cat went missing for 2 weeks and he came back fine. A friend's cat also went missing for about a week and came back fine. It's just a cat thing, they love scaring their owners, haha :P If you found fur he might've got into a fight and is hiding somewhere or something.

There are the sad occasions though that they do go out if they're old or sick to find somewhere quiet to die, or they get caught up in an accident. But honestly, it's best to stay optimistic. Give it up to a month at least before you start thinking the worst.
Original post by Mystelle

:hugs:
Come home kitty.

Original post by Mystelle

Mine was too
The cat will come back.

Mine went missing once, it was Diwali. The fireworks scared him and he didn't come back that night.

Now when it's Bonfire Night or there are fireworks I bring him in early so he doesn't get scared and run off.

Quick Reply

Latest