The Student Room Group

Why do you dislike immigration?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by looloo2134
I think you should go on Home Office website and look at every country that people migrate to Britain from you find that every country has different employment rates education levels on average. I don't care about average for all migrates I only want employable migrates who add to the country.

It's probably a good thing no body cares what you think then. Aside from spewing these weird psuedo-facts [which are false at any rate] I have a feeling that you don't contribute anything to this country any way so who are you to preach on migration values?
I think you should go on Home Office website and look at every country that people migrate to Britain from you find that every country has different employment rates education levels on average. I don't care about average for all migrates I only want employable migrates who add to the country.

There's very little difference in the unemployment rate of migrants and locally-born in the UK. Indeed for men, migrants have a slightly better unemployment rate.
Original post by faloodeh
their inability to speak english has affected my kids.
they come home saying things like "wallahi" and "wagwan"

That's just stupid. Many immigrants speak English to a high degree as well. My father was an immigrant and you wouldn't realise that he's not a native speaker. A Polish girl I'm friends with moved to England a couple years ago and she speaks English very well, although she has a slight American accent as they taught her American English in Poland. People shouldn't stereotype all immigrants.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Napp
I said on average.
No of course not - unlessyou want the rubbish to pile up in the streets, the hospitals to become cesspits and so on :rolleyes: Arguably they contribute far more to society than many others.

Now your calling British people lazy and don't wanted to work British people on average work some of the longest hours in Western World. You believe that the streets were cover in rubbish and hospitals did not run. Working class British people of all ethnics clean the streets and work in low skilled jobs in hospitals
Reply 144
Now your calling British people lazy and don't wanted to work British people on average work some of the longest hours in Western World. You believe that the streets were cover in rubbish and hospitals did not run. Working class British people of all ethnics clean the streets and work in low skilled jobs in hospitals

Do you have a problem with lying or? I don't recall every saying that :rolleyes:
Not especially, the NHS employs a huge number of migrants.
Original post by Lit teacher
Bloody immigrants, coming over here, paying their taxes and saving the NHS from collapse.

I'm sure that if you asked a Native American or Aboriginal Australian what was the worst thing about immigration they could give an interesting answer.

At the end of the day, immigration on the whole benefits the UK. The Native Americans and the Aboriginals essentially had their entire culture wiped. It makes it ironic how harsh immigration laws are in America and Australia nowadays.
Original post by Napp
Do you have a problem with lying or? I don't recall every saying that :rolleyes:
Not especially, the NHS employs a huge number of migrants.

The NHS employ high skilled migrates i work for the NHS most of cleaner at the local hospital were working class British people.

Except that migrants in the UK work longer hours than UK-born.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/articles/migrationandthelabourmarketuk/2016

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
There's very little difference in the unemployment rate of migrants and locally-born in the UK. Indeed for men, migrants have a slightly better unemployment rate.

What is the average wage that those men earn and do men from different country earn different amount on average.
What is the average wage that those men earn and do men from different country earn different amount on average.

you seem keen to tell me, and also to tell me why it matters.

go ahead.
Reply 150
The NHS employ high skilled migrates i work for the NHS most of cleaner at the local hospital were working class British people.

Fascinating, unfortunately for you that is proof positive of absolutely nothing.

That because there on low wage jobs and want to make money to send home
Original post by Napp
Fascinating, unfortunately for you that is proof positive of absolutely nothing.

What wrong with only wanted high skilled people from abroad what every country they are from. I wanted people who high skilled without a criminal record and will earn over £26000 a year.

Low skilled young people can do working holidays for up two years.
That because there on low wage jobs and want to make money to send home

After tax. It's marvelous isn't it.

Even with remittance outflows they are still net contributors to the British economy.

(Leaving aside your implicit: our own people work hard because long hours, those foreign people have long hours because they are ripping us off.)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 154
What wrong with only wanted high skilled people from abroad what every country they are from. I wanted people who high skilled without a criminal record and will earn over £26000 a year.

Low skilled young people can do working holidays for up two years.

You seem to be making completely random and disjointed points at me, why is that? What have WHV got to do with NHS staff and your dislike for foreigners?
Original post by Doonesbury
After tax. It's marvelous isn't it.

Even with remittance outflows they are still net contributors to the British economy.

Not all migrate of working age have jobs just like not all British people have jobs
Not all migrate of working age have jobs just like not all British people have jobs

Indeed, we've already established the employment rates are similar. Your point is?
Original post by Napp
You seem to be making completely random and disjointed points at me, why is that? What have WHV got to do with NHS staff and your dislike for foreigners?

My child is mixed race and my grandfather half German i DON'T dislike foreigners I just wanted high skilled people making there home in Britain or people with skilled that are needed.

The immigration rule should be the same from everybody what ever part of the world they come from.
Reply 158
My child is mixed race and my grandfather half German i DON'T dislike foreigners I just wanted high skilled people making there home in Britain or people with skilled that are needed.

The immigration rule should be the same from everybody what ever part of the world they come from.

I couldnt care less i your child was born from the ocean and your grand father was from Jupiter. Saying that doesnt make your views any less questionable.
but lets be frank here if skilled workers want to come here then they have a problem - there are much better countries to move to, generally with a nicer population who dont blame refugees for all their self made problems.
Original post by Napp
You know on average migrants contribute more than they take right? Sorry to burst your racist bubble champ.

Oh well, so apparently you can't read. I was talking about low skilled immigration, hence... why I said low skilled immigration. It seems you got a bit too cocky and forgot to read the rest of my post, in which i stated 'High skill immigration is a must', but I know people like you like to feign ignorance in an attempt to wash away valid opinions that are different to your own.

Sorry to burst your snowflake bubble kiddo, try not to get tears on your keyboard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending