The Student Room Group

how many females and asians are there in your course

for a engineering course...
which university do you go to and how many females are there in your course and what percentage of people are Asian compared to white .
Reply 1
Who really cares ??? You need to remember you are all HUMAN which is the main thing.
My course is about 10% women, though my year has an unusually low amount, and I also do aerospace where there is a lower proportion than other disciplines. As a comparison, the chemical engineering and bioengineering cohorts for my year are 50:50, for the years below it's closer to 20% for my course, similar for mechanical, a bit higher for EEE, and then 50:50 for chem, bio, and compsci.

In terms of Asians, well, what sort of Asians? If you mean Chinese/HK then about 15%, if you mean Indian/Pakistani then about the same proportion, maybe a little higher actually. White people are by no means the majority, they're about 35% of my course, with a good proportion (~10-15%) of those being Eastern European.

But as Ty457 has said, these really aren't things which you should take into account when deciding your course, because it won't really make any difference.
Original post by Ty457
Who really cares ??? You need to remember you are all HUMAN which is the main thing.

Most people care. We all may be humans but that doesn't mean we're all the same.
Reply 4
Original post by Student-95
Most people care. We all may be humans but that doesn't mean we're all the same.

I agree
Reply 5
Original post by tom123h456
for a engineering course...
which university do you go to and how many females are there in your course and what percentage of people are Asian compared to white .

Are you either a female and/or Asian?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by tom123h456
I agree

You are talking about a Engineering course.Not a Wedding or anything like that.All of the people their irrespective of Race,Culture are their for one thing and one thing only which is Learning about Engineering! You being Asian or African wont make a difference,unless you are talking about making friendships etc in the courss,then Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending