The Student Room Group

Can I study BSc Diagnostic Radiography through clearing?

Hh
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sxj98
Hi,

I want to study BSc DIagnostic Radiography however I have no relevant qualifications.

I was hoping that I could complete a UCAS application and get through by clearing is that possible?

During my school years I was going through what would be classed as 'mitigating circumstances' so the subjects I have taken is just a result of me doing the best i could in that situation, and now it is too late, if I could have I would've done science.

I am currently in my first year of uni studying social care and mental health but I want to leave and pursue radiography if it is possible.

My qualifications are:
- GCSE Maths and English both grade C
-BTEC 120 credits D*D* in IT
-BTEC 60 credits D* in Business
-Currently Level 4 Social care student

My Ucas Tarriff is 168 points.

I am competent and dedicated enough to catch up and work hard enough. The course I am doing now had no relevance to my previous qualifications but I am still one of the brightest as I worked hard to get there. I know it may seem like I'm changing my mind but during school I had to make the most of opportunities and now I've finally found something I want to do.

I am 100% sure that Radiography is what I want to pursue, its just my qualifications are not relevant.

Is there any chance I would be accepted through clearing?

Thankyou

do you meet the entry reqs in terms of subjects?

Unis in clearing let people get in with lower grades, but I've never heard them compromising on subjects.
Reply 2
Original post by sxj98
Hi,

I want to study BSc DIagnostic Radiography however I have no relevant qualifications.

I was hoping that I could complete a UCAS application and get through by clearing is that possible?

During my school years I was going through what would be classed as 'mitigating circumstances' so the subjects I have taken is just a result of me doing the best i could in that situation, and now it is too late, if I could have I would've done science.

I am currently in my first year of uni studying social care and mental health but I want to leave and pursue radiography if it is possible.

My qualifications are:
- GCSE Maths and English both grade C
-BTEC 120 credits D*D* in IT
-BTEC 60 credits D* in Business
-Currently Level 4 Social care student

My Ucas Tarriff is 168 points.

I am competent and dedicated enough to catch up and work hard enough. The course I am doing now had no relevance to my previous qualifications but I am still one of the brightest as I worked hard to get there. I know it may seem like I'm changing my mind but during school I had to make the most of opportunities and now I've finally found something I want to do.

I am 100% sure that Radiography is what I want to pursue, its just my qualifications are not relevant.

Is there any chance I would be accepted through clearing?

Thankyou

Have you looked at foundation years?
E.g.
http://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/foundation-diagnostic-radiography

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by sxj98
Yes thanks however I cant seem to find any in London, which is where I want to stay near...

Have you spoken to SGUL? I think they have a partnership with Kingston, where you could do a Science Foundation and then transfer to SGUL.

https://www.sgul.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduate-courses/radiography-therapeutic-bsc-hons

http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/science-foundation/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by sxj98
Thank You soooo much! I didnt realise I could do this, could I do a foundation degree in science at any uni then join st george's or would it have to specifically be Kingston as they are partnered....

It should be fine from any uni. Worst case scenario is it would use up your "gift year" from Student Finance.

Oh, just check the foundation is actually acceptable for the main university's course. Sometimes they can be fussy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sxj98
I appreciate that, but I had all relevant qualifications for Computer Science and in clearing i got accepted to a social care course, so if I did it once... I would hope there is a chance...

Did social care list any specific subjects?
Original post by sxj98
Hh

what happened to you then? because i have applied for pharmacy but i am regretting it and want to do radiography!! so i am going to decline my offers and apply through extra i hope... and email my personal statement to the university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending