The Student Room Group

Feminists Are Always Unattractive - Is This Generally True?

I saw on some TV program on BBC recently someone said feminists are nearly always not attractive - do we think that is true?

It just seems to me feminists are striving for things which are impossible to attain. Like tennis, if it was unisex then there wouldn't be a female pro in the top 10,000. Also women's tennis games are 3 sets, mens are 5 sets. I believe they tried women's tennis with 5 sets and all that happened was more injuries and fatigue so it didn't work out. In this case equality would harm women as oppose to help them.

A lot of 'typical' girls I know like to dress up, wear make up, look good, take selfies for instagram and snapchat. They say they expect the guy to ask them out, they say they want their men to be real men, pay for the first date etc. So is this wrong?

Also consider women are physically, mentality, biologically and emotionally different from men. Not saying one is better than the other, my opinion is both are as important as each other. But knowing they are very different, how can you achieve equality? You can't.

Scroll to see replies

You’re assuming all feminists are female?
Reply 3
Not true in my experience.
Reply 4
Original post by Creativetype
You’re assuming all feminists are female?

I'm saying generally.

Obviously I have my own opinions below.

I'm a mans man, I don't do all that crap where these 'men' are becoming women.

Most girls don't find that kind of crap attractive. Girls from my experience want strong, stability, strength in their man - which is what I am.

Feminist men, although they are very low in number are a disgrace to society and a disgrace to manhood.

Men and women are fundamentally different, how can you achieve equality with two different things? You can't.
I heard recently from some women following the #MeToo movement are against the idea of dating men entirely nowadays, saying "we don't need men" "men can't be trusted" etc. Wouldn't actually be the worst idea for humanity as a whole as severely overly populated as a species.
“Feminist men, although they are very low in number are a disgrace to society and a disgrace to manhood“

You need to look up the definition of feminism.
Original post by konvictz0007
I'm saying generally.

Most girls don't find that kind of crap attractive. Girls from my experience want strong, stability, strength in their man - which is what I am.

Feminist men, although they are very low in number are a disgrace to society and a disgrace to manhood.

Men and women are fundamentally different, how can you achieve equality with two different things? You can't.

Preach bro
Reply 8
Original post by Creativetype
“Feminist men, although they are very low in number are a disgrace to society and a disgrace to manhood“

You need to look up the definition of feminism.

No.

The girls I know hate feminists because they say they are ruining things for them. Many girls out there want to be wine and dined and spoilt.

Is it the case most of these campaigners are the ones that don't get asked out?

What they want, equality, cannot fundamentally be achieved its impossible as women and men are different. The only way to achieve this would be to turn everyone into men or women.

Most girls, especially around our age, enjoy dressing up, wearing make up and looking good. Why are these idiot women out there trying to ruin these girl's lives? Jealous much?
They come in all shapes and sizes.......

Reply 10
I saw on some TV program on BBC recently someone said feminists are nearly always not attractive - do we think that is true?

It just seems to me feminists are striving for things which are impossible to attain. Like tennis, if it was unisex then there wouldn't be a female pro in the top 10,000. Also women's tennis games are 3 sets, mens are 5 sets. I believe they tried women's tennis with 5 sets and all that happened was more injuries and fatigue so it didn't work out. In this case equality would harm women as oppose to help them.

A lot of 'typical' girls I know like to dress up, wear make up, look good, take selfies for instagram and snapchat. They say they expect the guy to ask them out, they say they want their men to be real men, pay for the first date etc. So is this wrong?

Also consider women are physically, mentality, biologically and emotionally different from men. Not saying one is better than the other, my opinion is both are as important as each other. But knowing they are very different, how can you achieve equality? You can't.

generally speaking the more unattractive a girl is the greater chance that she will be feminist minded, [i have definitely noticed a correlation] but the problem with stereotyping like that is you do sometimes get some feminists who are actually attractive.

last year i got a number from a hot girl, and decided to see if i could find her facebook ...and i found it and had a little nosey around and was SHOCKED to find out she was a feminist.
Reply 11
Misogyny is running wild in this thread.
Hi, I consider myself a feminist but what you need to know is many of the women you see today who call themselves feminists aren’t really feminists, they believe women are better than men and that is not what a feminist is, by definition a feminist is someone who strives for things to be equal among any gender. Actual feminists have been pushed back and out of the way by ‘white feminism’ which is the term to describe those fake feminists I mentioned earlier, it is called this because it is usually if not always done by white cis women who don’t stand for equality for trans, gay or women of colour, and they also believe they are better than men. Sorry for the speech but I just wanted to make some people aware, actual feminists who believe in equality and think men are just as good as women have been pushed out of the limelight but we will always be fighting for true equality. Thank you for reading if you got to this part, over and out
Also to add, many people consider these fake feminists ‘unattractive’ as they try and fight their sexist point with anger and judgment, normally not in a way that will help get women where they need to be
Reply 14
as for feminist men, they always tend to look beta, and typically have very cuck like personality traits.

i'm convinced that many of them are turning to feminism because they think it will help them get laid. Whenever you see a picture of a male feminist it's almost never a masculine man, but a dude looking along these lines http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/sites/ito/files/tumblr_m2chl7a5ur1qzvku7o1_500.jpg
Defo not true.

People say it to attack them.
The women that most of you out there hate aren’t femisnists they are fake feminists which call themselves feminists bringing your hatred on to the actual feminists as well. By the way anyone can be a feminist, and I know many of you don’t want to hear this but if you believe and fight for equality for everyone technical you are a feminist also, welcome to the family
Reply 17
I'm saying generally.

You’re single right?
I've noticed the same thing with misogynists :K:.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sulfolobus
They come in all shapes and sizes.......

In what way is Theresa May a feminist?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending