The Student Room Group

Entry requirements for college

Hey guys I’m only 15 ( turning 16) and I’m stressed about my predicted grades for my gcse’s. For math I’m predicted a 6 but for science I’m predicted a 5-5 I need a 6 in science to get accepted to do chemistry and biology. I am working crazy hard and I am putting in all the hard work to get closer to the grade. I am very passionate about science and I see a career in it. Will the college accept me if I get a 5-5 (even though I believe I can get a 6) ??
Original post by Stressat15
Hey guys I’m only 15 ( turning 16) and I’m stressed about my predicted grades for my gcse’s. For math I’m predicted a 6 but for science I’m predicted a 5-5 I need a 6 in science to get accepted to do chemistry and biology. I am working crazy hard and I am putting in all the hard work to get closer to the grade. I am very passionate about science and I see a career in it. Will the college accept me if I get a 5-5 (even though I believe I can get a 6) ??

Are you doing combined or triple?
Reply 2
Original post by adamantacademic
Are you doing combined or triple?

Combined
Combined

Oh ok I'm sure if you narrowly missed and got a 6-5 or perhaps even 5-5 you'd be accepted for science providing it's not a highly sought course at the particular college. Some colleges with similar requirements will end up having to offer places to students achieving just passes I.e 4s, I wouldn't worry too much at all. In terms of what you can do to achieve a 6-7, download Primrose kitten's combined science revision guide and work through each spec point!
Reply 4
Original post by adamantacademic
Oh ok I'm sure if you narrowly missed and got a 6-5 or perhaps even 5-5 you'd be accepted for science providing it's not a highly sought course at the particular college. Some colleges with similar requirements will end up having to offer places to students achieving just passes I.e 4s, I wouldn't worry too much at all. In terms of what you can do to achieve a 6-7, download Primrose kitten's combined science revision guide and work through each spec point!

Thank you sooo much that’s great advice. I do science every day for 2 hours when I get home so I hope the hard work pays off
Thank you sooo much that’s great advice. I do science every day for 2 hours when I get home so I hope the hard work pays off

Great stuff also make sure that 2hours is being spent effectively

Quick Reply

Latest