The Student Room Group

Feminists Are Always Unattractive - Is This Generally True?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Realitysreflexx
Emma watson is the unspoken feminist leader so i think this debate is over.

She's nice but she's no stunner, certainly not by hollywood's standards, bit of a plane Jane.

Of course she's still way out of the league of most of TSR's angry white male users.
Original post by MR1999
You can't use the quantifiers 'always' and 'generally' in the same statement. Obviously, the statement is false because you can easily find good looking feminists.

Now to state whether it's generally true is impossible. We would have to sample every single feminist in the entire world and then use some unbiased measure to gauge their beauty; maybe facial symmetry or something like that. I'm sure you can see why this could never happen.

Guys this is the kind of feminist man I was talking about.

You know this person must be a soft person going by what he just said.
Original post by konvictz0007
Guys this is the kind of feminist man I was talking about.

You know this person must be a soft person going by what he just said.

I can’t tell is you are saying this as a bad thing or good thing
Original post by ruthflame57
You’re single right?

I'm in a long term on and off relationship, what is your problem?
Reply 44
I'm in a long term on and off relationship, what is your problem?

On and off? We’re not your family, you don’t need to lie and pretend you have a girlfriend. Everyone here can easily see why you’re single. It’s okay, we all mature at different rates.
yeah its mostly true

just as its mostly true that most MGTOW are scraping-the-barrel ugly as well... thats why they became MGTOW

attractive people rarely have pent up rage. because why would they - they're getting laid
Original post by Charlyleeds
I can’t tell is you are saying this as a bad thing or good thing

Male feminists is not a good thing.

Women don't want to date women, they want to date proper men like me.

Which girls out there would want these soft spoken boys?
Original post by yungaheartz
yeah its mostly true

just as its mostly true that most MGTOW are scraping-the-barrel ugly as well... thats why they became MGTOW

attractive people rarely have pent up rage. because why would they - they're getting laid

I suppose we can be grateful living in the UK with forums like TSR around allowing young men to vent their frustration. In the US they just become mass shooters.
Original post by Sharpshooter
I suppose we can be grateful living in the UK with forums like TSR around allowing young men to vent their frustration. In the US they just become mass shooters.

to an extent yes... but more and more we're reading stories in the UK about jilted boyfriends/husbands/obsessed losers who killed/beat/raped/threw acid at or stalked their former partners/women who rejected them or killed their children out of 'revenge'.
I saw on some TV program on BBC recently someone said feminists are nearly always not attractive - do we think that is true?

It just seems to me feminists are striving for things which are impossible to attain. Like tennis, if it was unisex then there wouldn't be a female pro in the top 10,000. Also women's tennis games are 3 sets, mens are 5 sets. I believe they tried women's tennis with 5 sets and all that happened was more injuries and fatigue so it didn't work out. In this case equality would harm women as oppose to help them.

A lot of 'typical' girls I know like to dress up, wear make up, look good, take selfies for instagram and snapchat. They say they expect the guy to ask them out, they say they want their men to be real men, pay for the first date etc. So is this wrong?

Also consider women are physically, mentality, biologically and emotionally different from men. Not saying one is better than the other, my opinion is both are as important as each other. But knowing they are very different, how can you achieve equality? You can't.

Im not all that different mentally or emotionally from a man. Im certainly more like a male than a female in my ways and the way I think. I don't like any of those things you mentioned i.e. dressing up or taking selfies.
But knowing they are very different, how can you achieve equality? You can't.

You don't get it do you? Feminists aren't arguing that they should play tennis equal to a man, or compete with male weightlifters.
Equality means:
Equal pay for equal work (Men in full time work in the UK currently earn 9.1% more than their female equivalent.
Equal chance to serve in parliament (only 32% of MP's are women. 45% of Labour MPs but only 21% Conservative. - There's no shortage of qualified female candidates wanting to be selected to stand)
Equal chance to achieve a senior position in business (94 of the FTSE 100 companies have a male CEO. The six women's salaries average £2.6 million, the men average £4.7 million)

Whether or not the man pays for a meal on a date is pretty insignificant in comparison with being overlooked for promotion at work and getting paid less purely because of your gender.
Male feminists is not a good thing.

Women don't want to date women, they want to date proper men like me.

Which girls out there would want these soft spoken boys?

This is the strangest thing I have ever heard, women do want to date women actually thank and we don’t want to date you and I think every straight female I know wants a soft spoken boyfriend
Original post by Lit teacher
You don't get it do you? Feminists aren't arguing that they should play tennis equal to a man, or compete with male weightlifters.
Equality means:
Equal pay for equal work (Men in full time work in the UK currently earn 9.1% more than their female equivalent.
Equal chance to serve in parliament (only 32% of MP's are women. 45% of Labour MPs but only 21% Conservative. - There's no shortage of qualified female candidates wanting to be selected to stand)
Equal chance to achieve a senior position in business (94 of the FTSE 100 companies have a male CEO. The six women's salaries average £2.6 million, the men average £4.7 million)

Whether or not the man pays for a meal on a date is pretty insignificant in comparison with being overlooked for promotion at work and getting paid less purely because of your gender.

This post is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
This post is so ridiculous I don't even know where to start.

Try reading it slowly. That might help.
Equality means:

Listen mate, wage gap is a complete myth. Do you know anything about anything?

It has been shown time and time again, women choose not to pursuit certain jobs. You do realise certain top financial positions require 70-100 hours a week, the opportunities are open to anyone male or female but many females do not choose to do those roles. And who are you to tell them to do this or not?

It has been showing women prefer jobs like nursing over say men who would prefer engineering in general. Again who are you to tell women which jobs they want to go for? So stupid, do you not understand basic data analysis? Stupid?

Of course if you have a lot of women in nursing, and a lot of men in in engineering, the data will show men are earning more because engineers earn more than nurses.

If women were actually being paid less for the same work, everyone would hire women and bosses would be richer. Of course that is illegal, which completely shuts down your point - not that you had one to begin with.

Speak more carefully next time, and think before you speak.
Try reading it slowly. That might help.

Why dont you click on your user name and sign out?

Because you have no idea what your talking about. Maths or stats wasn't your strongest subject was it?

You want women to give up looking after their kids and raise them, which they CHOOSE to do, and go pursuit jobs in the city and earn big money? Who the hell are you to tell women what to do?

Let them choose, and also get out of this thread. Trust me, I have feeling you're going to get burnt hard here.
Feminists if anything are probably more likely to be attractive - asking for equality takes confidence and experience with dealing with a captive audience...

re defining what is a feminist..don't forget women, like men, are not robots - there is diversity which is what femism alone champions.
If you didn't know already some of these 'fake feminist' scenarios and scenes are produced by misogynistic men, some coming from the community of low-income, unattractive older men who have gone over to East Asia for a teenage model bride and been somehow left surprised and angry at the female world for having been again fleeced before their fantasies of a happy, grateful housewife got realised.

Feminism, to me, is the opportunity to do what you want in life regardless of the genitals you were born with..not being saddled with all the bs qualities men have decided they don't want to have. It is also paving the way for people not to act in accordance with prejudiced ideas that have no bearing on an individual's merits and talents.
(edited 6 years ago)

It has been shown time and time again, women choose not to pursuit certain jobs.
Really? Any evidence that it was a choice, and not that they were put off by people such as yourself?

You do realise certain top financial positions require 70-100 hours a week, the opportunities are open to anyone male or female but many females do not choose to do those roles.
And the link to research that proves that you haven't just made this up after a couple of pulls on a dooby? I'll wait.

It has been showing women prefer jobs like nursing over say men who would prefer engineering in general.
Where? When? And more importantly, why? Do you believe that there is something in female DNA that gives them a phobia of engineering? If so, why does India have double the percentage of female engineers compared with the UK?

the data will show men are earning more because engineers earn more than nurses.
Why? You can't argue that nursing is easier, or of less use, or requires lower qualifications. Do nurses not earn less simply because they are mostly women?

If women were actually being paid less for the same work...

I've given you a precise set of figures that prove that inequality still exists. You've given me some half-baked theory that women prefer to have low paid jobs. Come back when you've done some research.
Trust me, I have feeling you're going to get burnt hard here.

Your feelings so far have been based on ignorance and prejudice, with a dash of stupidity. On that basis I think I'm safe.
Equality means:

You have just quoted an average figure, which proves absolutely nothing. You have not controlled for "equal work".

Women are more likely to work part-time, and to take career-breaks than men. Even without that, women and men may voluntarily choose to pursue different career paths.

Women do have equal chance to serve in parliament. They are equally able to stand for election as men are.

90% of nurses are women, does that mean that men don't have equal opportunity to pursue a nursing career?

Again, women do have the same opportunities to achieve that, if they so desire.

Perhaps the men are working harder, and thus justifiably earning a higher salary?

You're an English Literature teacher, apparently. Women get better GCSEs and A Level grades than men. Do you think that's because of systemic discrimination against men, or is it because female students work harder?

People normally conclude it's because women work harder in schools than boys. If people are happy to accept that, why shouldn't people also be happy to accept that men may work harder in the workplace and place a higher priority on careers than women?

What are you personally doing, in your role as a teacher and examiner, to address the "gender grade gap" present in our education system?

Or what about the "university attendance gap", whereby men are vastly less likely to attend university than women? What are you doing to tackle this in your educational role?

Feminism is a hypocritical ideology, which only cares about what it perceives it be "inequalities" that disadvantage women, despite claiming to be "supporting equality". This is why hypocritical feminists never shut up about the "gender pay gap", and yet never mention the "gender university attendance gap".

I am happy to continue criticising and exposing the hypocrisy of feminism.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending