The Student Room Group

will it be a problem if my grades do not come up to the offer?SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY

example if my offer is BBB or ABB but I get an A*AD ,will the D be an issue? please reply im really scared..
depends on the Uni, when I applied (6 years ago :'( :'( ) some allowed (for example) offer: ABB actual grade: A*BC they'd let you in.

Always phone on results day, nuke and rebuke.
Original post by khadeeja imthiaz
example if my offer is BBB or ABB but I get an A*AD ,will the D be an issue? please reply im really scared..

Unis get your results the weekend before you do and make decisions on those who haven't met their offers, such as getting A*AD rather than ABB. If they have space on the course you might get in, but if they are full up with those who met their offer or prefer other near-misses then you won't.

One issue would be the subject of your D. If it's largely irrelevant to the course, eg Maths for an English degree, that would improve your chances. If it's Maths for a Physics degree, that's not good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dreamweaver4
depends on the Uni, when I applied (6 years ago :'( :'( ) some allowed (for example) offer: ABB actual grade: A*BC they'd let you in.

Always phone on results day, nuke and rebuke.

ok but the uni \s are dundee edinburgh and queens belfast, what do you think?

hahaha sadly Dundee was one of the places which rejected me because I missed by a grade!

Also the others sound as though they won't look too kindly on a D :/

normally it's only if you miss by one grade (AND only by a bit) and have a strong application elsewhere

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
No one here can give you a straight up yes or no. It depends on the university and it changes every year. Focus on getting the grades and if you don't then you'll know on results day.

To follow on my previous post, you should also exceed in another subject

i.e. Offer: ABB Actual grades: A*BC
Original post by dreamweaver4
To follow on my previous post, you should also exceed in another subject

i.e. Offer: ABB Actual grades: A*BC

That will help, but it won't make it automatic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending