The Student Room Group

SFE increase

In 2016/17 i recieved £10702 maintanence loan in 2017/18 i have recieved £11002 will the increase for 2018/19 be similar?
Original post by niteninja1
In 2016/17 i recieved £10702 maintanence loan in 2017/18 i have recieved £11002 will the increase for 2018/19 be similar?

Hi niteninja1,

If your circumstances have not changed you would expected to see similar figures, unless you will be in your final year in 18/19 as you would receive final year loan rate which would be less than years 1 and 2 as you are only paid to the last day of your course in your final year.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi niteninja1,

If your circumstances have not changed you would expected to see similar figures, unless you will be in your final year in 18/19 as you would receive final year loan rate which would be less than years 1 and 2 as you are only paid to the last day of your course in your final year.

Thanks

Louise

Hi this would be my final year. Roughly how much will ot drop?
Hi this would be my final year. Roughly how much will ot drop?

Hi niteninja1,

Would depend on where your are living and studying and if you are on an extra long course , and if your loan is Means Tested or Non Means tested (include Household income). Also what is the course you are studying?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 4
Hi niteninja1,

Would depend on where your are living and studying and if you are on an extra long course , and if your loan is Means Tested or Non Means tested (include Household income). Also what is the course you are studying?

Thanks

Louise

Computer science at Brunel.

I get the maximum student loan as my parents are students themselves my course finishes at the end of may2019
Computer science at Brunel.

I get the maximum student loan as my parents are students themselves my course finishes at the end of may2019

Are you living at home or away from home?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 6
Are you living at home or away from home?

Thanks

Louise

Away from home and in london
Away from home and in london

Hi niteninja1,

The maximum 100% final year loan rate for student's living in London in 2018/19 is approx £10,518.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 8
Hi niteninja1,

The maximum 100% final year loan rate for student's living in London in 2018/19 is approx £10,518.

Thanks

Louise

Right
Reply 9
Thankyou

Hi niteninja1,

Yes the Maintenance Loan will increase in 2018, the Student Finance Calculator online will be updated shortly to reflect this for 2018.

Here is a link to the calculator, you can check your entitlement here,

http://bit.ly/1eWRiXJ

In your final year, you’ll receive less money than you did in previous years as you are assessed up until the last day of the course.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending