The Student Room Group

igcse edexcel

is there anyone giving their exams on 2018 may from edexcel exam board. im homeschooled so i thought maybe we can share tips and tricks for the exams.

anyone else homescchooled?

Scroll to see replies

I'm self studying Edexcel Human Biology. What subjects are you studying?
Original post by SmilingWombat

biology, chemistry, physics, maths b, english language b and bangla

are you self studying all the subs or just human bio
Original post by cieloceleste
are you self studying all the subs or just human bio

Just the Human Biology. I'm a mature student so will be starting an Access to HE course in September. One of my university choices requires English, Maths and a Science GCSE or equivalent in addition to the access course. I already did Maths and English last year, so completing the Human Biology this year so that I can meet all the entry requirements.

How are you enjoying home education, do you know what you want to do after GCSEs? I home educated my son for two years and he really enjoyed it, he's at college now and enjoying it there too.
Just the Human Biology. I'm a mature student so will be starting an Access to HE course in September. One of my university choices requires English, Maths and a Science GCSE or equivalent in addition to the access course. I already did Maths and English last year, so completing the Human Biology this year so that I can meet all the entry requirements.

How are you enjoying home education, do you know what you want to do after GCSEs? I home educated my son for two years and he really enjoyed it, he's at college now and enjoying it there too.

i was thinking about doing bio, chem and physics for Alevels. home education is good but im kinda struggling to know how well im prepared for the exam.
i was thinking about doing bio, chem and physics for Alevels. home education is good but im kinda struggling to know how well im prepared for the exam.

It's difficult when you can't compare to others in a class, but I think that has advantages too. Schools tend to do a mock exam which is a past paper that students haven't seen before, so I guess you could do the same and that should give you an idea of what grades you might achieve. It really is just a guide though and students often do better or worse on exam day. Will you be writing your exam at a school/college venue? If you will be, it's good to get a feel of the hall, how it will be laid out etc. Maybe arrange for a visit before exam day so you know what your surroundings will look like as it helps with nerves if you can minimise anything unfamiliar and new. Also make sure you read all the guidelines of what you can and can't do, see-through pencil case, etc.
It's difficult when you can't compare to others in a class, but I think that has advantages too. Schools tend to do a mock exam which is a past paper that students haven't seen before, so I guess you could do the same and that should give you an idea of what grades you might achieve. It really is just a guide though and students often do better or worse on exam day. Will you be writing your exam at a school/college venue? If you will be, it's good to get a feel of the hall, how it will be laid out etc. Maybe arrange for a visit before exam day so you know what your surroundings will look like as it helps with nerves if you can minimise anything unfamiliar and new. Also make sure you read all the guidelines of what you can and can't do, see-through pencil case, etc.

thank you very much for ur suggestions, i'll keep them in mind. yup i'll be writing my exam at school. thanks again!!!
is there anyone giving their exams on 2018 may from edexcel exam board. im homeschooled so i thought maybe we can share tips and tricks for the exams.

anyone else homescchooled?

Me✋
Original post by Taurean15
Me✋

yay! whaat are your subjects?
yay! whaat are your subjects?

English Language B/Maths/Physics/Chem/ICT
English Language B/Maths/Physics/Chem/ICT

what technique are you using to study of the subjects?
what technique are you using to study of the subjects?

Tbh,I havent really started my preparation.Physics and Maths are my weak point,I am relying on pastpapers for that.As for Chemistry,I will be using the edexcel book as well as reference books and language is quite easy,not a problem there.Wby?
Tbh,I havent really started my preparation.Physics and Maths are my weak point,I am relying on pastpapers for that.As for Chemistry,I will be using the edexcel book as well as reference books and language is quite easy,not a problem there.Wby?

im struggling with maths and english, for the science subjects im just doing pastpaper and going through my notes.
how much have you done already? English is easy,the specification that we are going to give has only one comparision in section A. Wection B is either an article/report/speech/talk/letter and section C is the story writing.
how much have you done already? English is easy,the specification that we are going to give has only one comparision in section A. Wection B is either an article/report/speech/talk/letter and section C is the story writing.

im done with almost all of the past papers for sciences , im just doing them again for extra practice and correcting my mistakes. As im home schooled i have no idea my level of writing in english so i was wondering if u could share an essay with me. i would highly appreciate!:h:
well umm, I dont have an essay but I was a literature student.I can send you an answer to make you have an idea of my english writing.
well umm, I dont have an essay but I was a literature student.I can send you an answer to make you have an idea of my english writing.

that would be great thank you! But like didnt u complete any english language b past paper?
Let me find something then.I have not even started yet,I told you.
(edited 6 years ago)
Screenshot_2018-02-09-17-39-39-compressed.png.jpeg

that's just a rough format of the story,I tried to write so skip the punctuation errors.

Quick Reply

Latest