The Student Room Group

Seriously thinking about vasectomy

So my parents are highly religious and 'forbid' me from having sex before marriage and would disown me if they find this out.

Being a teenage boy I don't do this and have had s*x multiple times. However in the space of a month, i had two pregnancy scare (different people) and now i am thinking of getting a vasectomy as it has the high rate of contraceptive success that i can control. I have enough money that i can get the treatment privately (without the NHS).

The only downside i see from my extensive research is that i can't have kids, however I am more than happy with adopting kids . Adopting kids would have the advantage of my future spouse not having to give up time from her work for the pregnancy.

So my question is, if I do the surgery privately, would it be on my medical record, my mum is nurse so she can 'look' at medical records.
whats wrong with using Johnnies
Reply 2
It's very unlikely that even going privately that they will allow you to go ahead with the procedure. You say you're a teenager; even private doctors would probably say that you're too young to decide if you do or do not want children.

Just use protection and ask your partner(s) if they are on the pill/implant/have a coil.
Reply 3
Original post by Bobjim12
whats wrong with using Johnnies

1) condoms are expensive
2) I dont carry condoms everywhere i go
3) I was really careful about having sex only with condom for the first few times but then it became a hassle.
4) they are not fully safe, have 82% real life effectiveness
Original post by Anonymous
1) condoms are expensive
3) I was really careful about having sex only with condom for the first few times but then it became a hassle.

1) not really, Amazon usually has good deals on large packs (40+), plus the cost of this procedure privately could buy A LOT of them.
2) Do you have sex everywhere you go?
3) I agree it can be.
4) I'm pretty sure its more like 95% if used right, and if you're not using it right then maybe sex shouldn't be something you do.....

Not trying to convince you, just giving an alternative.
Reply 5
Original post by Airmed
It's very unlikely that even going privately that they will allow you to go ahead with the procedure. You say you're a teenager; even private doctors would probably say that you're too young to decide if you do or do not want children.

Just use protection and ask your partner(s) if they are on the pill/implant/have a coil.

I am not in a relationship, all of the s*x i had are one night stands. Girls could lie that they are on the pill. I want to make sure that I have full control of not having a baby when having sex.
If i had s*x with a girl, i cannot by law force her to take the morning after pill.
1) condoms are expensive

1. And what's the cost of getting the snip privately?
2. Weak excuse.
3. Weak excuse.
4. Weak excuse. It's higher than that.

How old are you? Frankly your line of thought shows you're not mature enough to make this decision.
Reply 7
I am not in a relationship, all of the s*x i had are one night stands. Girls could lie that they are on the pill. I want to make sure that I have full control of not having a baby when having sex.
If i had s*x with a girl, i cannot by law force her to take the morning after pill.

Fair point.

But your reasons above are not reasons, more like excuses. Very easy to order condoms off Amazon and have them delivered to an Amazon locker so your parents don't see them. Very easy to learn how to put on a condom properly. I think a moment of awkwardness of putting on a condom is better than getting the snip at a ridiculously young age.

Oh, and reason 5 to add to @Bobjim12's excellent reasons:

5) Condoms will protect you against STDs. Nothing else will. Except not having sex.
Don’t.
If you're having one night stands and are not using condoms, then you're asking for trouble.

No doctor is going to render a teenager infertile because they can't be arsed to use condoms.
Original post by Airmed
Fair point.

But your reasons above are not reasons, more like excuses. Very easy to order condoms off Amazon and have them delivered to an Amazon locker so your parents don't see them. Very easy to learn how to put on a condom properly. I think a moment of awkwardness of putting on a condom is better than getting the snip at a ridiculously young age.

Oh, and reason 5 to add to @Bobjim12's excellent reasons:

5) Condoms will protect you against STDs. Nothing else will. Except not having sex.

I completely forgot about STDs, and considering that it sounds like you are having sex with promiscuous people this would be a real risk for you OP.
Reply 11
Original post by Bobjim12
I completely forgot about STDs, and considering that it sounds like you are having sex with promiscuous people this would be a real risk for you OP.

Agreed. OP just needs to suck it up and use condoms.
The cost is about £500, but this would be long term investment. Also I can use a condom after vasectomy thus offering double protection. Most time i have sex are when i am drunk so you most likely forgot about wearing a condom or when you drunk you don't care about condoms. Thus getting vasectomy would stop me pregnancy even during drunk sex.
Dw op if you keep on with the unprotected sex you might become infertile from chlamydia n won't have to worry about that vasectomy :wink:
Get a C-Card on the NHS and get free condoms
Reply 15
The cost is about £500, but this would be long term investment. Also I can use a condom after vasectomy thus offering double protection. Most time i have sex are when i am drunk so you most likely forgot about wearing a condom or when you drunk you don't care about condoms. Thus getting vasectomy would stop me pregnancy even during drunk sex.

It's excuse after excuse here :lol: People can care about protection when drunk.
Dw op if you keep on with the unprotected sex you might become infertile from chlamydia n won't have to worry about that vasectomy :wink:

You can get treated for chlamydia tho ..
Get a C-Card on the NHS and get free condoms

I had no idea about this card, i am definitely looking into that. Thank you
So my parents are highly religious and 'forbid' me from having sex before marriage and would disown me if they find this out.

Being a teenage boy I don't do this and have had s*x multiple times. However in the space of a month, i had two pregnancy scare (different people) and now i am thinking of getting a vasectomy as it has the high rate of contraceptive success that i can control. I have enough money that i can get the treatment privately (without the NHS).

The only downside i see from my extensive research is that i can't have kids, however I am more than happy with adopting kids . Adopting kids would have the advantage of my future spouse not having to give up time from her work for the pregnancy.

So my question is, if I do the surgery privately, would it be on my medical record, my mum is nurse so she can 'look' at medical records.

Code red. CODE ****ING RED!!!!!! Do not get a vasectomy it's the worst you will regret it immediately your overthinking it just stay calm like as in professional calm stop being stupid with your weird ass sex drive just stay chill and calm if you do end up having sex wear protection and check with your sex partner if they've taking birth pills and such to prevent the chances of you impregnating her.
So you are considering getting a vasectomy because using condoms is a hassle?

Quick Reply

Latest