The Student Room Group

Only doing 8 GCSEs?

I'm only doing 8 (possible 9) GCSEs.

is this normal? I've seen people study a lot more

Hope someone can help
Reply 1
I'm doing 10, but I think if you don't do triple science it's normal to do less? Don't think anyone really cares about the number of GCSEs though, more the grades.
Original post by OShearing2

Hope someone can help

Original post by jazzieb
I'm doing 10, but I think if you don't do triple science it's normal to do less? Don't think anyone really cares about the number of GCSEs though, more the grades.

ye that's true aslong as it's 5 or more
Reply 3
Original post by jazzieb

Ysah I guess so - only a double award so maybe, thanks
Reply 4

Hope someone can help

I am doing triple science, math, English, Spanish, r.e., Geography, and Arabic (this one was optional since it is my home language). So basically just 6 GCSE's without the extra language. May seem like little but we would get more science exam.
Reply 5
Original post by Endola
I am doing triple science, math, English, Spanish, r.e., Geography, and Arabic (this one was optional since it is my home language). So basically just 6 GCSE's without the extra language. May seem like little but we would get more science exam.

I'm doing:
English Lit & Language
Maths (Possibly Statistics too)
Combined Science
French
Geography
RS
As long as you have enough (and the right types of) GCSEs for your post-16 choice it makes no difference. I sat 10, but I have friends that sat 8 or 9 because they dropped languages or design subjects :smile:
Reply 7
I'm doing:
English Lit & Language
Maths (Possibly Statistics too)
Combined Science
French
Geography
RS

Quite Similar tbh:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Endola

Surely that would count as 10 as you've got 3 sciences and 2 English?
Reply 9
Original post by jazzieb
Surely that would count as 10 as you've got 3 sciences and 2 English?

Yeah that's correct, but I meant as in the overall subjects

Quick Reply

Latest