The Student Room Group

history and geography gcse revsion

hi.
I was wondering what the best way to prepare for GCSE history and geography was.
I am going to start my course this September so I am going to be taking the new GCSE courses but I am not sure on how to prepare myself for my GCSEs. would there be any tips or advice anyone could give me for the best methods to use to revise for the two?
thanks
Original post by Zahra22025
hi.
I was wondering what the best way to prepare for GCSE history and geography was.
I am going to start my course this September so I am going to be taking the new GCSE courses but I am not sure on how to prepare myself for my GCSEs. would there be any tips or advice anyone could give me for the best methods to use to revise for the two?
thanks

For history,

Revise by theme, and not in chronological order as some people are tempted by. Sure, it's good to know the order of events, but the questions are usually around the main themes rather than timeline of events.

Listen to podcasts, watch documentaries and shows with a strong historical influence (my GCSE history teacher even got us to watch Blackadder Goes Forth for revision on WW1)

Quick Reply

Latest