The Student Room Group

are mens razors better for shaving down there?

I absolutely hate shaving as I always get razor bumps and can never get a close shave. I currently just use a Venus razor but I've heard mens razors are even better and are cheaper. would a mens razor be suitable for shaving my bikini line and can you recommend a good one?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I absolutely hate shaving as I always get razor bumps and can never get a close shave. I currently just use a Venus razor but I've heard mens razors are even better and are cheaper. would a mens razor be suitable for shaving my bikini line and can you recommend a good one?

Just stop shaving and have a close trim instead. I would get awful razor burns and then ingrown hair too so I didn't bother. No guy has ever complained.
Yea I have the same issue. I bought some Tend Skin off amazon, that helped reduce the amount of razor burn and ingrown hair. It did sting a bit when I first put it on but went away quickly, the top layer of skin will flake off too but not as bad as it sounds believe me. I’ve found that shaving every day doesn’t work. Leaving it a couple of days before I shave again works better and honestly the longer I’ve been shaving the more my skin has got used too it. But like the comment above, there is no harm in just trimming and keeping it neat. Guys won’t be bothered. Xx
Reply 3
I use hair removal cream it’s more effective than razors and less chance of accidental cuts
Reply 4
Original post by Devify
Just stop shaving and have a close trim instead. I would get awful razor burns and then ingrown hair too so I didn't bother. No guy has ever complained.

what do you do when you wear a bikini/swim suit though? my bikini line hair kinda spreads onto my thigh so if I didn't shave the hair would be super visible :/
Reply 5
what do you do when you wear a bikini/swim suit though? my bikini line hair kinda spreads onto my thigh so if I didn't shave the hair would be super visible :/

If you trim it really short it won't poke out. I get some hair growing on the inner thighs which I just shave as the skin there is less sensitive. You don't have to shave off the whole area. Just shave the bits going down your legs but leave the more sensitive area to be trimmed
Reply 6
Original post by Devify
If you trim it really short it won't poke out. I get some hair growing on the inner thighs which I just shave as the skin there is less sensitive. You don't have to shave off the whole area. Just shave the bits going down your legs but leave the more sensitive area to be trimmed

thanks for the tip :smile: do you use scissors to trim or an actual trimmer?
Reply 7
thanks for the tip :smile: do you use scissors to trim or an actual trimmer?

A trimmer is a lot less effort and gives a more uniform look. You don't want bits of hair being longer and other bits shorter. You can get nice enough trimmers that will work for under £20 easily tho.

Quick Reply

Latest