The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Courses (MSc in CS/Software Engg/ML)

Hi. I'm from India and I've completed my B.Tech (for those who don't know, this is the undergrad engg degree in India - not to be confused with BTEC) in CS recently and my final score is approx. 66% (wasn't serious about my studies in the first 2 years). This score is equivalent to a UK 2:1.

My uni choices are QMUL, RHUL and a couple others. Now every university representative that I've talked to at various UK uni fairs, has assured me that my score should be enough to get me an offer, provided that my profile (CV, SoP etc.) and IELTS score is good enough.
What I wanted to ask is, realistically speaking, is this good enough to get an offer from the unis of my choice?
Original post by Pessimist101
Hi. I'm from India and I've completed my B.Tech (for those who don't know, this is the undergrad engg degree in India - not to be confused with BTEC) in CS recently and my final score is approx. 66% (wasn't serious about my studies in the first 2 years). This score is equivalent to a UK 2:1.

My uni choices are QMUL, RHUL and a couple others. Now every university representative that I've talked to at various UK uni fairs, has assured me that my score should be enough to get me an offer, provided that my profile (CV, SoP etc.) and IELTS score is good enough.
What I wanted to ask is, realistically speaking, is this good enough to get an offer from the unis of my choice?

If the unis have said so if someone here says no would you not apply?
Original post by alleycat393
If the unis have said so if someone here says no would you not apply?

I will still apply, obviously. That's not the point. But the thing is, uni representatives at fairs usually go easy when they're talking like "Sure, this should be fine, you should apply." Cos you don't always get to talk to the CS dept, usually it's international students officer or psychology dept teacher and so on. But if the students out here, past or present know better then I'd really appreciate that and maybe I'll feel more confident about my application. Maybe I'll dream bigger and apply to unis that are slightly better and are more competitive.
Original post by Pessimist101
I will still apply, obviously. That's not the point. But the thing is, uni representatives at fairs usually go easy when they're talking like "Sure, this should be fine, you should apply." Cos you don't always get to talk to the CS dept, usually it's international students officer or psychology dept teacher and so on. But if the students out here, past or present know better then I'd really appreciate that and maybe I'll feel more confident about my application. Maybe I'll dream bigger and apply to unis that are slightly better and are more competitive.

Apply where you meet the entry requirements. Funnily enough the officers are fairs represent the uni so know what they're talking about as the uni rep is on the line. Anyway, I think you have your answer so there's no point in going round in circles. Good luck!
Original post by alleycat393
Apply where you meet the entry requirements. Funnily enough the officers are fairs represent the uni so know what they're talking about as the uni rep is on the line. Anyway, I think you have your answer so there's no point in going round in circles. Good luck!

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending