The Student Room Group

need some support

yo ik this sounds pathetic but i’m literally ready to scream.

i’ve never been good at maths. i’ve hated it since a young girl as english has always been my forte. now, i’m in year 11 and i’m prepared to just stick my middle fingers up to the world and give up.

i got a 5 in my november mock which was disappointing for me even then. now i’m here doing the same paper again as a recap and i feel like i’ve become even worse. with the majority of the questions i’m not even sure where i’m supposed to start never mind answer. no word of a lie, ive been sitting here by my desk crying for 10 minutes because i feel hopeless.

idk even know what i’m expecting from posting this i just wanted to talk about it. any support will be appreciated.
Original post by baeornot
yo ik this sounds pathetic but i’m literally ready to scream.

i’ve never been good at maths. i’ve hated it since a young girl as english has always been my forte. now, i’m in year 11 and i’m prepared to just stick my middle fingers up to the world and give up.

i got a 5 in my november mock which was disappointing for me even then. now i’m here doing the same paper again as a recap and i feel like i’ve become even worse. with the majority of the questions i’m not even sure where i’m supposed to start never mind answer. no word of a lie, ive been sitting here by my desk crying for 10 minutes because i feel hopeless.

idk even know what i’m expecting from posting this i just wanted to talk about it. any support will be appreciated.

I'm not sure what a 5 equates to as I did my GCSE's before the number system was introduced but honestly, You don't need to stress so much, just ask for extra support from teachers or friends and take it easy, stressing makes everything a whole lot worse.
Reply 2
Original post by Chloanya_
I'm not sure what a 5 equates to as I did my GCSE's before the number system was introduced but honestly, You don't need to stress so much, just ask for extra support from teachers or friends and take it easy, stressing makes everything a whole lot worse.

it’s a high c, but my expected grade is a 7 (A) as my maths teacher told me to put that on my college application. i think he’s just destined me for failure.😭
I do a-level maths so if you need any help, I don't mind assisting

Although, I'm terrible at A-level, got a B first year
it’s a high c, but my expected grade is a 7 (A) as my maths teacher told me to put that on my college application. i think he’s just destined me for failure.😭

What do you want to study at college and what are the requirements?
Reply 5
Original post by snoop dogshit
I do a-level maths so if you need any help, I don't mind assisting

Although, I'm terrible at A-level, got a B first year

if you don’t mind putting up with me, thatd be amazing 😂
Reply 6
What do you want to study at college and what are the requirements?

English Literature, English Language and History. Their requirements are a C, but I still want to get as little C’s and B’s as possible 😭
English Literature, English Language and History. Their requirements are a C, but I still want to get as little C’s and B’s as possible 😭

I do combined English and I'm at A2 now :wink:
But yeah, Obviously aim high and get as much support as you can just remember it's not the end of the world if you don't get those higher grades, you still have your options open due to the requirements so if revision gets too stressful just take a break and remember you're allowed to aim lower if it gets too much to handle.
Reply 8
I do combined English and I'm at A2 now :wink:
But yeah, Obviously aim high and get as much support as you can just remember it's not the end of the world if you don't get those higher grades, you still have your options open due to the requirements so if revision gets too stressful just take a break and remember you're allowed to aim lower if it gets too much to handle.

thank you!
if you don’t mind putting up with me, thatd be amazing 😂

hit me up!

I mean yes that's fine, I shall assist:biggrin:
I can relate to this so much but most colleges/sixth forms require a maths at a grade 4/5. All I can say is keep working now and then after GCSEs you’ll never have to do it again!!

I’m in year 12/my first year of sixth form. I know plenty of my friends are resitting their maths GCSE because they hated it so didn’t revise. But now I think they’re probably really regretting it.

Ensure you do a bit of maths revision every now and then to ensure a grade 4/5 because I’m sure you won’t want to do it again just like I couldn’t.

I’m so thankful I don’t have to do maths anymore! I really hope you succeed in all your GCSEs and find some motivation. I wish you all the best (: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest