The Student Room Group

Jobs after a Law degree

I'm in my first year of a law degree, i'm doing really well grades wise so far but I am getting really worried that i'll finish uni and end up in the same position I was before I started. The teachers have been saying that a law degree will definitely secure us a better job, I'm struggling to trust their slightly biased views. Do any of you know someone that has came out with a good law degree and managed to secure a training contract? or well paid job that isn't necessarily law related? I have a feeling that my uni (DeMontfort) isn't generally seen as a good one, will that effect my chance of getting a hood job?
Original post by sabinaag
The teachers have been saying that a law degree will definitely secure us a better job

If they're actually saying this, they shouldn't be. It's just a ridiculous statement. You have to have decent grades behind you but you secure your job, not your degree.

There's no reason why you can't get a training contract after uni but you should be taking steps in this direction other than working on your degree way ahead of time.

There are a lot of open days and other events run by firms for first year law students. (I think there are one or two vac schemes open to you too, but I've never checked.) Have a look at these and see if you can start getting some experience now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending