The Student Room Group

Post-Graduates: How NOT to Feel Sad about Graduating!

I'm probably not the only one who is feeling the oncoming of Graduation.

Even though I've always said I can't wait to finish, I am getting quite distraught at the prospect of graduating.

I know being an undergrad cannot last forever, but as the final year draws to a close, one cannot help but feel a bit sad and upset that it's finally coming to an end.

The memories I'm looking back on have been great and some, quite bad. However, these memories and moments have got me to the place I am at now and I'm extremely proud of what I have accomplished as well as what I have yet to accomplish (the dreaded dissertation)!

So, I'm asking for a bit of advice any post-grads have: how did you overcome the sadness of graduating? Any tips you can share to me or to anyone else feeling the same way?

I really cannot fathom the idea of no longer being a student in 3 months time. :frown:
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
I'm probably not the only one who is feeling the oncoming of Graduation.

Even though I've always said I can't wait to finish, I am getting quite distraught at the prospect of graduating.

I know being an undergrad cannot last forever, but as the final year draws to a close, one cannot help but feel a bit sad and upset that it's finally coming to an end.

The memories I'm looking back on have been great and some, quite bad. However, these memories and moments have got me to the place I am at now and I'm extremely proud of what I have accomplished as well as what I have yet to accomplish (the dreaded dissertation)!

So, I'm asking for a bit of advice any post-grads have: how did you overcome the sadness of graduating? Any tips you can share to me or to anyone else feeling the same way?

I really cannot fathom the idea of no longer being a student in 3 months time. :frown:

I feel the same way, not a huge fan of growing up. My inability to make friends and interact with people normally can only get worse.

I guess it's one of those things where you take advantage of the perks you get not being a student...
for me, classes, lectures etc. finish at the end of march. Then exams are in may

My id card says im a student until june 2018, so i assume this is the time when i actually lose my student status :frown:

Disappointed, deflated

I think one way to feel better about graduating is to have things sorted out after you graduate, so have a clear direction or parth. So if you have a nice job lined up before graduating, i guess this would make things a lot better
All good things come to an end but new experiences await

I graduate too. Uni was good but I’m done with education now. Wanna get my degree and a graduate scheme. Exciting times tho world is oyster and all that
I can't really offer any specific advice, but grad life isn't THAT different to uni life :redface: I've had so much fun working, living in shared houses, going travelling, living abroad, meeting tons of super interesting people and learning loads of new things. It's still a bit like being a student in terms of fun and going out, but you have a bit more money and a lot more freedom, and you still change a lot as a person. :h: Uni is over, which is sad, but there are so many more great experiences coming your way :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest