The Student Room Group

Need some advice!!!!

So my friend has took 6/500mg of paracetamol and I was concerned about her and if anything bad could happen?! I did try to stop her but is there any chance she could of had an overdose? Many thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So my friend has took 6/500mg of paracetamol and I was concerned about her and if anything bad could happen?! I did try to stop her but is there any chance she could of had an overdose? Many thanks!

It can be dangerous. Have you checked up on her recently and has she felt any side effects from it? If so then she needs to go to an A&E department as suggested by the NHS.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/paracetamol/#overdoses-of-paracetamol
Assuming she weighs more than 40kg, it’s not a significant overdose and is unlikely to do any physical harm. But still the reasons as to why she has done this need to be addressed urgently.

If she is still actively wanting to harm herself, I would suggest she needs to go to A&E, or be closely observed until she can be seen urgently by her GP.

If she is under 18, I would say you need to tell her parents what happened in order to keep her safe and ensure she gets support. If she is an adult, all you can do is support her as a friend and encourage her to seek the help that she needs.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest