The Student Room Group

Proof of employment

Hello,I was wondering if you could help me.I am applying for a maintenance loan as a migrant worker and have all required evidence except one: contract. I am now employed and working around 20 hours each week but I actually don't have a contract. I heard that a letter confirming that I am employed (it should have amount of hours, date when I started working and hourly rate of pay) may be enough as a proof of employment but it should be written on letter headed paper.Here is my question: if I have letter with all required information with my boss signature but it's written on normal piece of paper - will it be accepted as proof of employment? My boss said that he doesn't have this kind of paper as his business is small and private - just one store.Thanks!Radek
Original post by Radixo
Hello,I was wondering if you could help me.I am applying for a maintenance loan as a migrant worker and have all required evidence except one: contract. I am now employed and working around 20 hours each week but I actually don't have a contract. I heard that a letter confirming that I am employed (it should have amount of hours, date when I started working and hourly rate of pay) may be enough as a proof of employment but it should be written on letter headed paper.Here is my question: if I have letter with all required information with my boss signature but it's written on normal piece of paper - will it be accepted as proof of employment? My boss said that he doesn't have this kind of paper as his business is small and private - just one store.Thanks!Radek

Hi Radixo,

A letter written and signed by your employer can be accepted on non-headed paper as long as your boss explains on the letter that the company don't use headed paper as they are a small business. This should be sent along with your payslips.

Kind regards,

John.
Reply 2
Hi!
Thank you for fast reply!
With letter confirming my employment (without explanation why it is on letter headed paper) I sent a cover letter written myself in which I said that this business is small and private and we don't have this kind of paper. Could you please tell me if it will be enough?
Thank you!
Radixo
Original post by Radixo
Hi!
Thank you for fast reply!
With letter confirming my employment (without explanation why it is on letter headed paper) I sent a cover letter written myself in which I said that this business is small and private and we don't have this kind of paper. Could you please tell me if it will be enough?
Thank you!
Radixo

You're very welcome.

Ideally, the letter from the employer would confirm this, however it is down the assessors discretion. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to confirm if it will definitely be accepted.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending