The Student Room Group

Loan Eligibility

Hi there,

I was just wondering whether it would be possible to receive any form of a student loan with my circumstances.

I am a UK citizen but currently live in New Zealand. I have received a place to study undergraduate law at Oxford. The university has classed me as Overseas fee status.
Is there any possibility of receiving any form of a loan from student finance England.

Thanks

Dougal
Original post by dooglebirden
Hi there,

I was just wondering whether it would be possible to receive any form of a student loan with my circumstances.

I am a UK citizen but currently live in New Zealand. I have received a place to study undergraduate law at Oxford. The university has classed me as Overseas fee status.
Is there any possibility of receiving any form of a loan from student finance England.

Thanks

Dougal

Hi Dougal,

Part of the criteria for UK nationals to be eligible for student finance is that they must be resident in the UK for the 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course. Unfortunately this would mean you'd be ineligible for student finance unless your time spent abroad was temporary, for example, temporary work contract(s), holiday, gap year, posted with HM armed forces.

Kind regards,

John.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending