The Student Room Group

A amazing story about a boy

This is a story about a boy in my class (its worth the long read).

I am currently studying in final year in Scotland. Last year during the middle of the school year, a new boy joined our year, he looked very smart and mature and elegant in the way he dress and really good looking like 10/10. Every girl had a crush on him (including me), even though he was funny and nice to talk to, he was always reserved in nature.

So in the Personal and Social Education class, we found out that by the teachers (accidentally) that he was the father of a 2 year old (he was 16 at that time) (later we found that he and a girl who was 2 years older than him were in a relationship and he had got the girl pregnant when he was 14). We were all surprised and thought he was f**kboy.

Later in the week, one of my friend asked him about it and he was quiet reserved about the subject and only told that, the broke up after 2 months ago and she wanted to give the baby up for adoption so she could go study somewhere in America (law i think) and he got the sole custody of the girl and currently they live together alone. Which i was surprised at cause what 16 year old boy makes that much money.

Me and him where in the same class for many subjects and i was sitting next to him for maths and we became close friends and i found a lot about him:
- He used to live in London where he got 14 GCSE A*, he moved to Scotland cause it was cheaper housing and he didn't wasn’t rely on his parents for money or the government
- his brother was super smart and graduated Harvard with double major business management and economics when he was 19 and now work in top investment company in NYC, and he always considered as the disappointment of the family
- he currently works part time at luxury clothing shop and has small business with his friends in his native country ( he is bi-racial) and that how he is able to provide from him and his child.
- he was really broken up after his girlfriend leaving and had to go to therapy for a long time

So fast forward for to now. He got 7As in higher and is doing 5 advanced higher (predicted As) and have gotten a scholarship/job/work-placement to for Barclays Investment Bank as investment banker and to study in LSE. Which i think is really amazing considering in circumstance. I didn’t do badly either I got into doing law in LSE. All the teachers are proud of him and he is the head boy in the school and I am deputy head girl.
Just wanted to share this amazing story.

P.S He asked to the prom and we are going together. I still have a massive crush on him, however he has said in our many small talks that he doesn’t feel like he is ready for another relationship and want to focus on his daughter (cute). Since we are both moving to London should I ask him out?

My brother’s baby girl (who is also two years old) who lives with us and his daughter go to the same day care and they are best friends, so we are usually in each other’s house. So we gotten a lot close. My dad who was works as financial advisor also loves him and is actually proud of him for all the thing he has does and they usually have conversation about stocks and world affairs. His daughter (Emily) and I have gotten a lot close too and I genuinely care for her. In the one year I have known him, he has matured and only really hangs around with his work friends (who are older) and never go out clubbing or anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
This is a story about a boy in my class (its worth the long read).

I am currently studying in final year in Scotland. Last year during the middle of the school year, a new boy joined our year, he looked very smart and mature and elegant in the way he dress and really good looking like 10/10. Every girl had a crush on him (including me), even though he was funny and nice to talk to, he was always reserved in nature.

So in the Personal and Social Education class, we found out that by the teachers (accidentally) that he was the father of a 2 year old (he was 16 at that time) (later we found that he and a girl who was 2 years older than him were in a relationship and he had got the girl pregnant when he was 14). We were all surprised and thought he was f**kboy.

Later in the week, one of my friend asked him about it and he was quiet reserved about the subject and only told that, the broke up after 2 months ago and she wanted to give the baby up for adoption so she could go study somewhere in America (law i think) and he got the sole custody of the girl and currently they live together alone. Which i was surprised at cause what 16 year old boy makes that much money.

Me and him where in the same class for many subjects and i was sitting next to him for maths and we became close friends and i found a lot about him:
- He used to live in London where he got 14 GCSE A*, he moved to Scotland cause it was cheaper housing and he didn't wasn’t rely on his parents for money or the government
- his brother was super smart and graduated Harvard with double major business management and economics when he was 19 and now work in top investment company in NYC, and he always considered as the disappointment of the family
- he currently works part time at luxury clothing shop and has small business with his friends in his native country ( he is bi-racial) and that how he is able to provide from him and his child.
- he was really broken up after his girlfriend leaving and had to go to therapy for a long time

So fast forward for to now. He got 7As in higher and is doing 5 advanced higher (predicted As) and have gotten a scholarship/job/work-placement to for Barclays Investment Bank as investment banker and to study in LSE. Which i think is really amazing considering in circumstance. I didn’t do badly either I got into doing law in LSE. All the teachers are proud of him and he is the head boy in the school and I am deputy head girl.
Just wanted to share this amazing story.

P.S He asked to the prom and we are going together. I still have a massive crush on him, however he has said in our many small talks that he doesn’t feel like he is ready for another relationship and want to focus on his daughter (cute). Since we are both moving to London should I ask him out?

My brother’s baby girl (who is also two years old) who lives with us and his daughter go to the same day care and they are best friends, so we are usually in each other’s house. So we gotten a lot close. My dad who was works as financial advisor also loves him and is actually proud of him for all the thing he has does and they usually have conversation about stocks and world affairs. His daughter (Emily) and I have gotten a lot close too and I genuinely care for her. In the one year I have known him, he has matured and only really hangs around with his work friends (who are older) and never go out clubbing or anything.

Damn that bought some moisture to my eyes, see not everyone should judge some just bcuz of their past or what they have done. I rate you for giving him a chance of happiness again in a relationship x
Reply 2
He is like one in a billion type of smart, and he had keen interest in physics and everyone in our school thought that he would apply to oxbridge and make the next world discover or anything. I am pretty sure he would have done that if it wasn't for his circumstance.
Reply 3
Wonderful story, and I did doubt the title when I started it.
Really puts into perspective that not all boys are c**ts, wish him luck with his life and hope his heart heals for you
Quick question, how does he balance his work life, school life and personal life?
Feel sorry for the little girl, living her life knowing that she is an accident :/ :/
Reply 7
Quick question, how does he balance his work life, school life and personal life?

Even though he was 'broken' i would say he had the motivation to look after his child and prove everyone wrong. As i said before he was really smart, so anything taught he would instantly soak up, from my experiences he would finish all his homework and studies at school.
Work everyday after school, sometimes during school time (some afternoons he was allowed to leave early).
Reply 8
what a waste of talent to be frank, if he wasn't so stupid and careless he could have done something beneficial with his life
Reply 9
Original post by Bio 7
Wonderful story, and I did doubt the title when I started it.

It should be: A story about a boy who wasted his life
@leg444 i completely agree with you on this one, some people will get all the talents but completely waste it
bump
A bit of hardship like what he's gone through is character forming.

Sounds like his parents have been breeding a master race. 10 for looks and 10 for academic ability. Is he good at sports too?

If I were in the OP's shoes I'd be doing my best to win his heart and the heart of his toddler daughter. They come as a package.

You will never meet a single and and available boy / man like him. Treat this as a big opportunity on your part. Even if things don't develop into a long term romantic relationship, you will enrich each other's lives with any time you do spend together.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger

Sounds like his parents have been breeding a master race. 10 for looks and 10 for academic ability. Is he good at sports too?

If I were in the OP's shoes I'd be doing my best to win his heart and the heart of his toddler daughter. They come as a package.

You will never meet a single and and available boy / man like him. Treat this as a big opportunity on your part. Even if things don't develop into a long term romantic relationship, you will enrich each other's lives with any time you do spend together.

He doesn't take part in sports during P.E in school, so don't know. The only bad habit he has, is that he smokes. this is only some days when he gets real bad 'PTSD' (if you call it that)
Reply 14
Original post by Dunnig Kruger

1) Why would she go for 'damaged goods'
2) you will never replace the mummy and should just leave the family alone as they are doing good without you
Well done on getting into LSE.

Wont congratulate him on managing to pass on his genes, as thats no real achievement.

If he wasnt so careless at 14, there would be no 'sob story,' would there?
leg444, because he's not damaged goods. He's "work hardened". Which makes him more mature than every other boy in her school. That's

Plus he's a 10 for looks, is very gifted academically and knows how to make money. All of which by far outweigh the fact that he's got a daughter.
He doesn't take part in sports during P.E in school, so don't know. The only bad habit he has, is that he smokes. this is only some days when he gets real bad 'PTSD' (if you call it that)
OK, maybe not master race. But still a good catch / someone well worth having as a life long friend.

Tell him why you admire him. He could probably do with the positive reinforcement.
(edited 6 years ago)
Wow, sounds incredible!

Sure you'll make a lovely couple.
Original post by Jack22031994
Well done on getting into LSE.

Wont congratulate him on managing to pass on his genes, as thats no real achievement.

If he wasnt so careless at 14, there would be no 'sob story,' would there?

I think its goes deeper than that. From what i found out he and the girl started 'going out' at very young age, 10, 13 respectively. (I dont know the exact age difference). He was way below reaching sexual maturity and the consequences of the relationship resulted in counselling. So I would say it was toxic relationship that was not his fault.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending