The Student Room Group

Accomodation

I recently received a conditional offer from York St. John and a couple of days ago I received an email informing me that it is time to apply for accommodation, naturally I followed the process and picked the three choices I'm most interested in. After that I began to worry wondering if I should've applied for accommodation as York is neither my firm choice or insurance, I'm not saying I definitely won't be going there but I'm still waiting for another 2 uni's to get back to me. On the bottom of the email it states "We encourage you to apply for accommodation even if we are your insurance choice", what I'm wondering really is if I've done the right thing by applying for the accommodation or do I need to get in touch and cancel it just in case I do not choose that uni, or would that automatically happen when I confirm my choice? Long-winded I know but applying for uni is stressful as you try not to miss any small details and keep up to date with all 5 universities.
Original post by leiloh
I recently received a conditional offer from York St. John and a couple of days ago I received an email informing me that it is time to apply for accommodation, naturally I followed the process and picked the three choices I'm most interested in. After that I began to worry wondering if I should've applied for accommodation as York is neither my firm choice or insurance, I'm not saying I definitely won't be going there but I'm still waiting for another 2 uni's to get back to me. On the bottom of the email it states "We encourage you to apply for accommodation even if we are your insurance choice", what I'm wondering really is if I've done the right thing by applying for the accommodation or do I need to get in touch and cancel it just in case I do not choose that uni, or would that automatically happen when I confirm my choice? Long-winded I know but applying for uni is stressful as you try not to miss any small details and keep up to date with all 5 universities.

It will automatically cancel if you chose to go elsewhere (or if you pick it as insurance but get into your firm)

When you are deciding on your firm and insurance choices make sure you know how and when to apply for accommodaiton at each choice (and what sort of chance of a room in halls you have if you end up at your insurance)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending