The Student Room Group

J P Morgan apprenticeship

Anyone going to the ac in Bournmouth on Friday?
Reply 1
Original post by KCog
Anyone going to the ac in Bournmouth on Friday?

yes I am going this Friday, did you apply for technology role?
Reply 2
Original post by wolto
yes I am going this Friday, did you apply for technology role?

No finance, there seems to be a lot of ac days - I’m not sure how many places there are. I’m booked in for the afternoon - how about u? Travelling early Friday morning as I live 3 hours away - would be looking at moving to Bournmouth if I get a place - is anyone else moving from home?
Reply 3
Original post by KCog
No finance, there seems to be a lot of ac days - I’m not sure how many places there are. I’m booked in for the afternoon - how about u? Travelling early Friday morning as I live 3 hours away - would be looking at moving to Bournmouth if I get a place - is anyone else moving from home?

I'm traveling from Wales 7 hours journey for me, I will be looking at moving if I do make it through but chances are low because they number of a.c. days are scary. I got mine 1 till 4. What have you been doing to prepare
Reply 4
Original post by wolto
I'm traveling from Wales 7 hours journey for me, I will be looking at moving if I do make it through but chances are low because they number of a.c. days are scary. I got mine 1 till 4. What have you been doing to prepare

7 hours - wow! - thought 3 was a lot. I’m wondering how many places are available as so many ac days - it seems to be very tough to get a placement there. I’m not too worried about ac day though - I think being yourself and being confident are important - I did an ac day with another company yesterday (first one I’ve done) - it was a group of 12. We had a talk, did 2 group tasks, one to one interview (lasted 30 mins) - at the start we had to introduce ourselves etc - everyone was super nervous at this but it’s fine. Have u applied anywhere else - I’m looking at Barclays when they are advertised but a little stumped as to where to look next
Reply 5
Original post by KCog
7 hours - wow! - thought 3 was a lot. I’m wondering how many places are available as so many ac days - it seems to be very tough to get a placement there. I’m not too worried about ac day though - I think being yourself and being confident are important - I did an ac day with another company yesterday (first one I’ve done) - it was a group of 12. We had a talk, did 2 group tasks, one to one interview (lasted 30 mins) - at the start we had to introduce ourselves etc - everyone was super nervous at this but it’s fine. Have u applied anywhere else - I’m looking at Barclays when they are advertised but a little stumped as to where to look next
. You must be staying over the night before then if your journey is 7 hours - I’m staying over Friday night
Reply 6
Original post by KCog

At least it would be a good expierence to gain but yeah I get You, there's almost no chance but just got to be yourself and who knows what could happen. I have looked at Barclays too but they haven't started receiving applications yet so still have to wait at least we will know straight after the ac day. where was your previous ac at if you don't mind?
Reply 7
Original post by wolto
At least it would be a good expierence to gain but yeah I get You, there's almost no chance but just got to be yourself and who knows what could happen. I have looked at Barclays too but they haven't started receiving applications yet so still have to wait at least we will know straight after the ac day. where was your previous ac at if you don't mind?

St James’s Place - really liked it but just have to wait and see. JP Morgan have really good reviews so just try your best - have you done any prep? Have u applied anywhere else yet?
Reply 8
Original post by KCog
St James’s Place - really liked it but just have to wait and see. JP Morgan have really good reviews so just try your best - have you done any prep? Have u applied anywhere else yet?

nope not really preped up but will do some research in the coach. I have got another assessment centre at Wipro but that's in May and I need to know what I'm doing ASAP but at least I have a 2nd chance if I don't make it through at JP Morgan top 10 apprenticeship scheme
Reply 9
Original post by wolto
nope not really preped up but will do some research in the coach. I have got another assessment centre at Wipro but that's in May and I need to know what I'm doing ASAP but at least I have a 2nd chance if I don't make it through at JP Morgan top 10 apprenticeship scheme
well good luck, just be yourself at the ac - they are looking to see how you perform as part of a team too. Also, just have a little knowledge on the company beforehand.
Reply 10
Original post by KCog
well good luck, just be yourself at the ac - they are looking to see how you perform as part of a team too. Also, just have a little knowledge on the company beforehand.

let's just give our best, good luck to you too, do you know what the test is about? is it numerical reasoning?
Reply 11
Original post by wolto
let's just give our best, good luck to you too, do you know what the test is about? is it numerical reasoning?
not sure really, I’ve done one online and they are hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending