The Student Room Group

I come from the most deprived area in the UK, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UWS
Have you taken the 69 before?

Spoiler

Yes! I was going the other way though. To Plaistow Station!
Original post by the bear
is that popular where you live ?

:holmes:

:eek:

:cry2:

Yes. Most of the boys have curly hair and I like the straightness of the bun and then it goes out like cotton candy
Original post by erratic_deus
Yes. Most of the boys have curly hair and I like the straightness of the bun and then it goes out like cotton candy

hmmm.... not quite sure how that would look... could you post a drawing or sth ?

:redface:
Reply 23
Yes! I was going the other way though. To Plaistow Station!

The park behind that station is full of drug dealers and chavs :rofl:

I'm from Newham too, it's not exactly great but at least there's a lot of chicken shops!
hmmm.... not quite sure how that would look... could you post a drawing or sth ?

:redface:

Yes in about 4 hours
Original post by UWS
The park behind that station is full of drug dealers and chavs :rofl:

I'm from Newham too, it's not exactly great but at least there's a lot of chicken shops!

[scrollr]:chicken::borat:[/scrollr]
Don't be silly.
Manchester isn't deprived, neither is Liverpool. Maybe some areas are poorer than others but saying the whole of manchester is deprived highlights your stupidity.
Liverpool is probably the most invested region by transnational corporations in the UK. Furthermore, due to the hs2 house prices in Manchester are rising in value.

L12 is home to the worst estate in Europe. Newham would be like an all-inclusive holiday in Majorca to some of the ruffians who live on the outskirts of the city.
Reply 29
Don't be silly.
Manchester isn't deprived, neither is Liverpool. Maybe some areas are poorer than others but saying the whole of manchester is deprived highlights your stupidity.
Liverpool is probably the most invested region by transnational corporations in the UK. Furthermore, due to the hs2 house prices in Manchester are rising in value.

Statistically Oldham in Greater Manchester is the most deprived area in the uk. Newham isn't even in the top 10
Lol Newham is some ghetto area, something like 300+ acid attacks last year. Someone I know got stabbed 13 times for a watch, and someone else got robbed at knifepoint twice in one week 💀. I live in Lewisham and I've lived in Peckham, walworth etc and I can say that although there are more stabbings in those areas, they are mostly more gang affiliated compared to newham, which makes newham worse IMO.
Area in question is Newham!
Home of the "baiting out skets" videos.
Fire away while I revise for my biology post-mock tomorrow :smile:

Oh yeah Newham is definitely the worst area in East London:haughty:. I had a girl from Newham. and it was a hell hole compared to the part of London I lived in.
Explain further please

Are you deprived yourself? Because it hardly counts if your parents are both professionals and you live in a semi-detached in suburbia.
do you know da wae ?

my brudda
Original post by Meguncasey
my brudda

:five:
Area in question is Newham!
Home of the "baiting out skets" videos.
Fire away while I revise for my biology post-mock tomorrow :smile:

Can you handle yourself in a fight? Are you well 'ard?
Reply 36
Lol, Newham isn't that bad of a borough
Newham is alright compared to some of the ghettos in Philadelphia, Baltimore etc
Those values fluctuate every year, but in terms of social mobility, cultural clashes, depravity, education and crime. Newham is definitely "up" there and it has been for a while.

right but titling the thread Most Deprived Area is still wrong. Massively and 100% wrong.

Here's a photo of Oldham, Manchester from last summer, I was homeless there a few years back and I was gutted it still looked like this in 2017. Every road in the area looks like this. The area is a dead zone, and Jaywick in Essex is a toilet. No offense but Londoners are very provincial people, there's an entire country outside of London that's suffering just as much if not more. Like I told you in the other thread it's my passion.

Original post by Danny the Geezer
The most deprived area in the country's in Manchester or Liverpool

exactly
Original post by Bang Outta Order
right but titling the thread Most Deprived Area is still wrong. Massively and 100% wrong.

Here's a photo of Oldham, Manchester from last summer, I was homeless there a few years back and I was gutted it still looked like this in 2017. Every road in the area looks like this. The area is a dead zone, and Jaywick in Essex is a toilet. No offense but Londoners are very provincial people, there's an entire country outside of London that's suffering just as much if not more. Like I told you in the other thread it's my passion.

Whereabouts is this in Oldham? I am genuinely curious. Just because I am sure OP can find derelict buildings in Newham too. So is this in a prominent area of town?

I do agree with you that Londoners seem to be obsessed with their own plight, often losing sight of the larger national problems. The most accurate table I can find, on the ONS site (p 10), has it Middlesbrough, Knowsley Kingston Upon Hull, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Blackpool, Nottingham, Burnley, Hartlepool. The most deprived "area" in England is in fact in Tendring, Essex right next to Jaywick.

Quick Reply

Latest