The Student Room Group

Is spending £90 on a winter jacket a lot

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VidiaA
Yet they will stay in a hotel or eat in a restaurant, both involve items used by a lot of people. Eating out or staying in a hotel are often classed as treats. Pretty sure the clothing industry have a lot to do with the "nasty" rep.

Your right yeah they do mum says you don’t know the person lifestyles that’s why they could have bugs smoke or drink etc loool
not if you love in UK cos it's always cold here so it's worth spending a little more on a winter coat cos you're gonna use it a lot
Original post by Miss.Unknow
Nope good quality winter coats tend to be a bit more expensive. £80-£100 range is perfectly normal.

How much would you say a good quality winter jacket is
Original post by Jarryjam
Yes if you're poor and cant afford it no if u have the money.. i guess if itll last its fine

Your right you know you gotta get money in abundance
Original post by Zxyn
I have a Canada goose parka

How much was that
Reply 65
Original post by struggler07
Your right yeah they do mum says you don’t know the person lifestyles that’s why they could have bugs smoke or drink etc loool

So could the people staying in hotels, you don't ask for a brand new bed in the room. If that's what you can afford then washing or dry cleaning the item is definitely the way to go.

My first car was second hand and I shudder to think what that could have gone through before I bought it 😂
Your right you know you gotta get money in abundance

Is that sarcasm.. cant tell lol
Original post by VidiaA
So could the people staying in hotels, you don't ask for a brand new bed in the room. If that's what you can afford then washing or dry cleaning the item is definitely the way to go.

My first car was second hand and I shudder to think what that could have gone through before I bought it 😂

Yeah that’s true secondhand clothes are a lot cheaper you can find amazing deals and yeah it is it feels new again lol
Lool what car was it and did anything happen to it 😂
Original post by Jarryjam
Is that sarcasm.. cant tell lol

Lool but it’s true though
It’s really cold nowadays.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
It’s really cold nowadays.

Mmm true mum says her £5 jacket keeps her warm 😂
How much would you say a good quality winter jacket is

Around £85+
Around £85+

Same roughly what’s the most you’ll spend on a jacket
Same roughly what’s the most you’ll spend on a jacket

If the coat looks really nice and im desperate i would go for £100 max
Go for it because everyone needs a good quality jacket, however, you can get just the same quality on the sales from Hollister, Boohoo and Superdry for a quarter of that. So you can't complain pretty much.
If the coat looks really nice and im desperate i would go for £100 max

Oh ok I like my jackets I’ll probs spend over £400
It depends where you’re shopping! Depends whether you want to impress your mates or just keep warm...? There’ll be a happy medium either way. Shop around.
Original post by Little Popcorns
It depends where you’re shopping! Depends whether you want to impress your mates or just keep warm...? There’ll be a happy medium either way. Shop around.

Yeah a bit of both expensive clothes are worth it init
Mums saying that I could get something good for like £40-50 it ain't a lot it's not like I'm spending £900 on a jacket

£90 is a lot for a jacket yeah. you can get something cheaper on the sales
It's certainly not cheap, but a decent winter jacket is expensive, and £90 for a decent one probably isn't too bad. It depends on how long you're going to wear it for. My current winter jacket is about ten years old now, and it cost about £80-£90 too I think. One of the buttons has torn off and the zip is broken, but overall it's still a perfectly wearable jacket so I consider it to have been a good investment.

Quick Reply

Latest