The Student Room Group

Dress code for interview- girls

Hi, maybe some of you will think its a stupid question but I am very confused. So my medicine interview is in March, and I am currently shopping for interview clothes and I am very confused on what to get.
So, my question is, for any of you who have been to interviews or have been invited to them, what exactly is the dress code? Are we to wear dresses or skirts? Trousers or shirts? What do most girls wear? Heels or flat shoes? I am very confused.
Original post by justhatgirl
Hi, maybe some of you will think its a stupid question but I am very confused. So my medicine interview is in March, and I am currently shopping for interview clothes and I am very confused on what to get.
So, my question is, for any of you who have been to interviews or have been invited to them, what exactly is the dress code? Are we to wear dresses or skirts? Trousers or shirts? What do most girls wear? Heels or flat shoes? I am very confused.

Literally everything you mentioned is a viable option. The easy way to think about it is "Would my gran be okay with her doctor wearing this?". Dresses are good, as long as they're not too flashy. Skirts and shirts with accessories are good; professional-looking trousers are good too! You can wear whatever you normally wear to a semi-formal event.
Reply 2
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Literally everything you mentioned is a viable option. The easy way to think about it is "Would my gran be okay with her doctor wearing this?". Dresses are good, as long as they're not too flashy. Skirts and shirts with accessories are good; professional-looking trousers are good too! You can wear whatever you normally wear to a semi-formal event.

Thank you so much! what do you think about heels or flat shoes?
Original post by justhatgirl
Thank you so much! what do you think about heels or flat shoes?

Both are fine! Whichever you're most comfortable in. Just make sure your heels are tasteful and don't have a heel skinnier and taller than you are :')
I had an interview (for microbiology, not medicine though) and went in a shirt, black jeans and some small heeled boots and it went fine! A friend of mine did have a medical interview and wore similar but flats instead of heeled boots. My biggest tip is just make sure you're comfortable in what you choose! You don't want to be worrying about your clothes when you're doing the interview so just make sure you're comfy too.

Hope I've helped and good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by yeahthatonethere
I had an interview (for microbiology, not medicine though) and went in a shirt, black jeans and some small heeled boots and it went fine! A friend of mine did have a medical interview and wore similar but flats instead of heeled boots. My biggest tip is just make sure you're comfortable in what you choose! You don't want to be worrying about your clothes when you're doing the interview so just make sure you're comfy too.

Hope I've helped and good luck!

thank you :smile:
Comfortable but smart. You dont need to spend ££ on a business suit or an office-type dress or new shoes.

Dark trousers/skirt (not jeans) and a comfortable/discreet top, probably also in a dark colour. Add a jumper/cardigan/jacket incase of cold weather.
Dont wear heels - there is a lot of walking about. Dont wear brand new shoes - blisters dont do anything for anyone's self-confidence.

Good luck!
Reply 7
Wear any colour of clothing you like - you don’t need to stick to dark colors.

Basically nothing too low cut for tops, and skirts long enough to cover modesty when bending over lol. think school rules for skirt length. Trousers/chinos not jeans. Shoes should not be stilettos or trainers.
Next is pretty good for work clothes, if a bit expensive. Dunne stores is a good cheaper alternative! Wallis is also good.

Eg. Good outfit woud be black tapered trousers, white blouse with contrasting colour cardigan if it’s cold. Brogues are also a good bet.
Blouses are always smart :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending