The Student Room Group

Funding for NHS courses from 2017/18 (NHS Bursaries and the Learning Support Fund) by

Got a question about what funding you can get for NHS courses? Our experts are here to help.

Kim works as a Policy Advisor for NHSBSA Student Services. She has more than 18 years' experience in all aspects of financial support for NHS healthcare courses, including NHS Bursaries and the new Learning Support Fund which was introduced in 2017.

Please be aware all answers will be posted on Tuesday 13 February.
Original post by Student Money Week 2018
Got a question about what funding you can get for NHS courses? Our experts are here to help.

Kim works as a Policy Advisor for NHSBSA Student Services. She has more than 18 years' experience in all aspects of financial support for NHS healthcare courses, including NHS Bursaries and the new Learning Support Fund which was introduced in 2017.

Please be aware all answers will be posted on Tuesday 13 February.

Hi there i was wondering if this year student Finance will be annoucing more funding for second degree students for paramedic science like all te other health courses, as this is no longer funded by ambulance services and hasnt been for some time now.
Reply 2
I have applied to do midwifery this year for March 2018 intake! I have already got a degree but I have been told that health related courses allow you to take another student loan out to cover the three years, just wanted to double check this was correct? Also now we don’t have the bursary I have to apply for student finance, how long will this take to kick in? As the course starts at the end of March and I don’t know what would happen if it didn’t come in time? Thanks!
Reply 3
Is Dental Hygiene Bsc tuition fees funded by NHS?
I want to apply for postgraduate study, but I am confused about NHS funding for doctorate in clinical psychology. Is it valid for international students as well?
I found out earlier that healthcare courses in wales still have NHS Funding. I am only eligible for 1 year of funding from student finance for fees if I decide to go back to uni. Would I be eligible for NHS Funding if I went to Wales to study Diagnostic Radiography?
Original post by angelseyes
Hi there i was wondering if this year student Finance will be annoucing more funding for second degree students for paramedic science like all te other health courses, as this is no longer funded by ambulance services and hasnt been for some time now.

Hi, thank you for your question. Unfortunately we are unable to answer it on this thread as paramedic courses have never been NHS funded. You may be better trying the 'How to apply for Student Finance' forum at 12:00 today, they will be able to help you: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/student-finance/student-money-week-2018
Original post by Laurab7
I have applied to do midwifery this year for March 2018 intake! I have already got a degree but I have been told that health related courses allow you to take another student loan out to cover the three years, just wanted to double check this was correct? Also now we don’t have the bursary I have to apply for student finance, how long will this take to kick in? As the course starts at the end of March and I don’t know what would happen if it didn’t come in time? Thanks!

Good morning
It may be worth posting this question at the thread below which relates to Postgraduate Loans, as we no longer administer bursary funding for healthcare students.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5188226

Thank you

Darren
Original post by jarrell66
I want to apply for postgraduate study, but I am confused about NHS funding for doctorate in clinical psychology. Is it valid for international students as well?

Good morning

I would advise you to contact Student Loans Company directly to enquire about this.

Thank you

Darren
Hi nina313, thank you for your question. Currently (2017/18 academic year) there is still NHS Bursary funding for Dental Hygiene and Dental therapy courses. However, the government have recently announced that for courses starting from August 2018, most Dental Hygiene / Dental Therapy courses will be funded through student loans.

I hope this has helped.
Original post by Student696081
I found out earlier that healthcare courses in wales still have NHS Funding. I am only eligible for 1 year of funding from student finance for fees if I decide to go back to uni. Would I be eligible for NHS Funding if I went to Wales to study Diagnostic Radiography?

Good morning

To find out more about the bursary funding available in Wales please follow the link below:
http://www.nwsspstudentfinance.wales.nhs.uk

Thank you

Darren
That's the end of the webchat thanks very much to Darren and Kim!
Original post by Kirsty R SFE
That's the end of the webchat thanks very much to Darren and Kim!

Thanks Kirsty and thank you to those who asked questions.

Latest

Trending

Trending