The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Laptop preferences

Hi Guys,
I just wondered if anyone at Nottingham could advise me on what laptop I should think about buying before coming to Nottingham? Some go for Apple Mac's and some go for Windows laptops. Is there one which is better to use at Nottingham for accessing work from lecturers and is there a bias between which people use there?

Thank youuuuuuu for any replies
Original post by Haz135
Hi Guys,
I just wondered if anyone at Nottingham could advise me on what laptop I should think about buying before coming to Nottingham? Some go for Apple Mac's and some go for Windows laptops. Is there one which is better to use at Nottingham for accessing work from lecturers and is there a bias between which people use there?

Thank youuuuuuu for any replies

Well it depends what you want and what your budget is. If you want something reliable that can be an all rounder (work, games etc...) and is affordable go for a windows laptop. If you want something fashionable and sleek that is way over priced go for a mac. Depends on what you want.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
What’s ur budget and what will you be using it for?
Reply 3
Best laptop currently is the dell xps 13 or 15 for 2018 with the core i8 it can do anything and everything.
Reply 4
Original post by storm95
What’s ur budget and what will you be using it for?

Don't really have a budget. Nothing extreme over £1000 as it will be used mainly for work and some social activities as well. I'm doing a biology degree so will be doing lots of papers and research on it.
Reply 5
Original post by Haz135
Don't really have a budget. Nothing extreme over £1000 as it will be used mainly for work and some social activities as well. I'm doing a biology degree so will be doing lots of papers and research on it.

Well you need something durable that will still perform well after 3 years of everyday use, so I suggest a Dell xps, ASUS zenbook, MacBook Air (pro if you can stretch your budget a bit), just any uktrabook will do. Just stay away from compaq or hp.
Original post by Haz135

If you're budget is about £1000 I'd go with Windows. You get far more bang for your buck. I'd recommend a HP Envy x360.

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-envy-x360-15-6-2-in-1-ash-silver-10169753-pdt.html
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending