The Student Room Group

"Islam, Women and Me" BBC doc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09r8kdt

Some interesting issues raised and covered. Unusually, especially for the BBC, the programme didn't shy away from addressing some uncomfortable issues. At the same time, it repeated the line that any problems are due to culture rather than doctrine.
Je me demande.:curious:

I wonder what she looks like without all that make-up.

EDIT: Didn't watch the video because I don't a BBC account.
(edited 6 years ago)
Well, I would say that religion influences culture.
I haven't seen this documentary nor read about it but I'm going to guess its contents and message....

Women are good
Men are bad
Culture is bad
Men victimise women
Culture victimises women
Sexism against women
Women are victims
Please feel sorry for women, give them free stuff and cater to their every whim.

Did I guess right?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
🙄 here we go again
Reply 5
Original post by CookieButter
I haven't seen this documentary nor read about it but I'm going to guess its contents and message....

Women are good
Men are bad
Culture is bad
Men victimise women
Culture victimises women
Sexism against women
Women are victims
Please feel sorry for women, give them free stuff and cater to their every whim.

Did I guess right?
In parts, but not entirely.
Original post by QE2
In parts, but not entirely.

If even one of the things he said is within that documentary, i think ill pass.
Reply 7
Original post by HighOnGoofballs
If even one of the things he said is within that documentary, i think ill pass.
The thing is, it has different people saying different things about different issues.

I don't like West Ham but I'll still watch games they are playing in, if only to see them getting beaten.
There may be people ridiculing the concepts Mr Butter was railing against. You won't know if you like it 'til you've tried it. Like most things.
Original post by QE2
The thing is, it has different people saying different things about different issues.

I don't like West Ham but I'll still watch games they are playing in, if only to see them getting beaten.
There may be people ridiculing the concepts Mr Butter was railing against. You won't know if you like it 'til you've tried it. Like most things.

Oh I'm all for hearing the other side, but I've heard these ridiculous opinions many a time before, and id rather not punish my ears by listening to them any longer.
here we go AGAIN

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending