The Student Room Group

Remove hard Brexiteers, ex-minister Anna Soubry tells PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42955553

A pro-European ex-business minister has called on Theresa May to "get a spine" and remove 35 "hard ideological Brexiteers" from the Tories.

Anna Soubry told BBC Newsnight she is willing to leave if the likes of Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees-Mogg take over. The MP, who was in David Cameron's cabinet between 2015 and 2016, said the PM's "red lines" to leave the EU single market and customs union are wrong.

Former Tory Chancellor Lord Lamont said Ms Soubry was being "quite ridiculous".

Ms Soubry was speaking after the EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier warned in Downing Street that the UK's Brexit plans would create "unavoidable" barriers to trade in goods and services.

She told Newsnight that all her suggestions, to remain in the single market and customs union or to negotiate membership of the European Free Trade Association, have been dismissed by No 10 - and blames the influence of Tory Brexiteers.
Good riddance to her, JRM is the only person I would trust as Prime Minister right now. Anybody outside the Tory party or UKIP can't be trusted to bring Brexit off well, and the vast majority of those in said parties wouldn't (and aren't, in the case of Mrs. May) either. JRM has the composure of a gentleman, and he understands his voters.
Mogg is the man to fix Britain and set us on the right path.

And although the prospect is terrifying, having Boris as PM would be worth it if only to see him and the Donald in the same room.
Reply 2
Original post by anonbritbong
Good riddance to her, JRM is the only person I would trust as Prime Minister right now. Anybody outside the Tory party or UKIP can't be trusted to bring Brexit off well, and the vast majority of those in said parties wouldn't (and aren't, in the case of Mrs. May) either. JRM has the composure of a gentleman, and he understands his voters.
Mogg is the man to fix Britain and set us on the right path.

And although the prospect is terrifying, having Boris as PM would be worth it if only to see him and the Donald in the same room.

You mean the fossil who has lied to Parliament, lied to the the public, undermined government and is not but a self serving far right wing nut?
He has the veneer of a gentleman, he is anything but.
Yes set us on the path back to 1820 where he sailed in from.
Reply 3
Considering the Torys are centre-left, she's kinda right.
Original post by Napp
You mean the fossil who has lied to Parliament, lied to the the public, undermined government and is not but a self serving far right wing nut?

When?When?When?How?

He has the veneer of a gentleman, he is anything but.
Yes set us on the path back to 1820 where he sailed in from.

Opinion. Are you talking about slavery?
Reply 5
Original post by Reiji
Considering the Torys are centre-left, she's kinda right.

In what universe?
Reply 6
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
When?When?When?How?

Undermined the civil service and accusing them of orchestrating a conspiracy despite the fact he heads some quasi-secret group within westminster.
How isnt he exactly? His entire agenda is to elevate himself to party leader at the expense of the country. Ever noticed that no matter how much he shafts the country

Opinion. Are you talking about slavery?

Pray tell how he is a 'gentleman'..?
I was more reffering to his medieval views on women, gays and human rights but I wouldnt be surprised if he would like a slave.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jacob-rees-mogg-lies-brexit-theresa-may-dream-team-boris-johnson-michael-gove-deceitful-bully-18th-a8194011.html
Original post by Napp
Undermined the civil service and accusing them of orchestrating a conspiracy despite the fact he heads some quasi-secret group within westminster.
How isnt he exactly? His entire agenda is to elevate himself to party leader at the expense of the country. Ever noticed that no matter how much he shafts the country

He had every right to question the Civil service they are just full of rich and no going remainers, the chances that the Brexit impact assessment was greatly Biased to trigger political influence is high.
I am not denying that the assessment is wrong just was it the right people to do it.
He actually wants Boris to become the PM so your accusation is completely false,

Pray tell how he is a 'gentleman'..?
I was more reffering to his medieval views on women, gays and human rights but I wouldnt be surprised if he would like a slave.

A gentlemen in that he respects his opponents and speaks calmly and composedly to whoever he talks to.
When has he ever made "medieval remarks about women". I agree with you on that his gay and abortion views are harsh and strict but really women.

Give me one link where he criticises or makes a statement that is "medieval" about women.
Politicians should never use tv studios for therapy.

Anna proved that and she doesn’t get to judge who is and isn’t a conservative.
Reply 9
Anna Soubry can go and **** herself
We are going along with Brexit no matter what
(edited 6 years ago)
Can you imagine the outrage if Brexiteer had said the same? I respect Soubry and her views but she is totally wrong to call for this.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by meenu89
Can you imagine the outrage if Brexiteer had said the same? I respect Soubry and her views but she is totally wrong to call for this.

Shame Anna can’t respect other mp’s views and the voters of course.
Reply 12
Original post by The PoliticalGuy
He had every right to question the Civil service they are just full of rich and no going remainers, the chances that the Brexit impact assessment was greatly Biased to trigger political influence is high.
I am not denying that the assessment is wrong just was it the right people to do it.
He actually wants Boris to become the PM so your accusation is completely false,

I find it amusing you trust a man who is expressly elected because he knows nothing as opposed to some of the smartest people in the country who work for the countries good - not just their parliamentary careers.
You're doing not but conjecturing and scaremongering
Pfft. I doubt that very much. Even if it were true it shows he is an incompetant buffoon.

A gentlemen in that he respects his opponents and speaks calmly and composedly to whoever he talks to.
When has he ever made "medieval remarks about women". I agree with you on that his gay and abortion views are harsh and strict but really women.

Give me one link where he criticises or makes a statement that is "medieval" about women.

That would qualify as a veneer. Simply being well spoken does not make one a gentleman.
Aside from abortion being a womans right shall we examine his views about child raising and 'womens work'?
Alas my source is a magazine..
Pure political posturing on her part.

She is taking swipes at her team mates for her own selfish gains.

Soubry has voted in favour of every economically illiterate privatisation scam, gagging laws, persecution of the disabled, etc.

She has voted in favour of all these kinds of policies and the EU withdrawal bill. She has no right to call her colleagues extremists when she is one, and a spineless one at that.

Weak, divided chaotic Tory party again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending