The Student Room Group

Any where I can do my GCSE maths and English?

I got accepted into UWE Bristol and need to get my maths and English before I September. I know there is course online for 280 quid.
Original post by Jackada2000
I got accepted into UWE Bristol and need to get my maths and English before I September. I know there is course online for 280 quid.

You have left it very late to try and sort this out. I don't say that to be unkind but at a practical level most exam centres will be doing their GCSE entries this week or during half term. They will be much less likely to accept candidates after the break and the cost will rise dramatically. Are you still in full time education? If you are then talk to your exams office today and try to sort it out. If you aren't in education you need to contact schools and colleges to see if they will enter you as a private candidate. At this late stage your options really are self study using text books and online resources or buying a distance learning package with some tutor support and then entering exams as a private candidate. Hard to say which is best for you not knowing anything about you. I don't know how you with do the English speaking endorsement.

It is possible that your university might accept level 2 functional skills maths and English, check with them. You may be able to complete these (usually for free) with your local adult learning service, a local college or learndirect. You could have multiple attempts at these over the coming months.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest