The Student Room Group

Productive year 11 summer for a future Cambridge Student

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _gcx
7/140?

No offence you should be working on that rather than faffing around with this summer school stuff.

Its an inside moment on an open thread.
Obviously I'm not great at Biology.
I have extra time and I'm also going to be isolated.
In case you've failed to notice - I have Asperger's!!
Original post by laaaarrry
Honestly I know several people who started at Oxford/Cambridge last year, and many more (including me) who have received offers this year. The truth is that almost all of us didn't go to any summer schools or do any of these programmes or actually very much in the way of extracurricular activity whatsoever... (and in fact the people I know who actually did do these activities all got rejected.)

Really it's a myth that you need to do all of these things and in reality all you need is a passion for your subject (and of course that does include outside reading) and to be talented. There's little more to it.

The point is that you're in year 11 and you needn't worry yourself about Cambridge so early on (in all honesty it's not worth thinking too much on it until the summer of year 12 - after the mocks you'll sit etc). Just enjoy your summer, read around areas of your subject that you enjoy and relax.

TL;DR Cambridge don't really care about your extracurricular activities, so just enjoy your life.

Current Trinity unconditional offer-holder and this is so very true^^^
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by KeepCam,CarryOn
Current Trinity unconditional offer-holder and this is so very true^^^

Who wouldn't agree with their sock?
Original post by erratic_deus
Who wouldn't agree with their sock?

Haha...wait what?
Original post by KeepCam,CarryOn
Haha...wait what?

goodness
how did you come across so many work experience and summer schools?
Original post by Angel_Chen
how did you come across so many work experience and summer schools?

Just search online bro!
Currently preparing my application for HSS;

Also I recently got 65/70 in Biology 1 - we have biology 2 today

Check out my thread journey to 10 9's and I'll tell you how I got a grade 9 in biology even though it (biology) triggers my meltdowns!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by erratic_deus
Just search online bro!

Girl! 😂 what do u want to do in the future? Engineering?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending