The Student Room Group

A Job & it's Salary

I have been offered an interview with a job however i am not sure if it is worth it. I am currently self employed earning little for my age of 35 but I am not struggling and I'm not in a desperate state and I do like my current flexibility. I am in now and I am a graduate over 10 years ago. The salary £22,000 and the hours are 4PM to midnight with a rota to cover 7 days a week. I don't completely understand the hours. It is with Capita as a tablet administrator in Liverpool (not far, 20 odd miles). I originally thought about applying only to contract work because I feel like it is better and I can afford to do that (no family) which also allows me to do Supporting Artist work background acting that I like and flexibility) but I thought I would apply to this as a one off. I am unsure now i have an interview whether to take this.

Thank you guys for any help on this one!
(edited 6 years ago)
as a 30year old self employed person I'm looking to get a degree and get into nursing, I'm doing this for my future and a pension. unless your paying into a private pension or own multiple houses, it's worth while having a look what they would offer long term. plus it's a granteed income. just you'll suffer not being as flexible. I would say go along to the interview ask as many questions as you can then if you don't want it, turn them down after hearing them out. hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by Matureyeahright
as a 30year old self employed person I'm looking to get a degree and get into nursing, I'm doing this for my future and a pension. unless your paying into a private pension or own multiple houses, it's worth while having a look what they would offer long term. plus it's a granteed income. just you'll suffer not being as flexible. I would say go along to the interview ask as many questions as you can then if you don't want it, turn them down after hearing them out. hope this helps

Oh thank you or that reply. What was you self employed doing? Best of Luck in your Nursing career. Ameen
Original post by ajabbar01
Oh thank you or that reply. What was you self employed doing? Best of Luck in your Nursing career. Ameen

Self employed personal health care assistant, but self employed is self employed. no holiday pay, no sick pay, no work pension. it's great when you are younger having flexibility but at some point you'll need stability and granteed income. That's why I'm going back to uni to become a professional.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending